Board logo

Lost "saved" emails
Chippy - 7/11/09 at 02:00 PM

Hi, uprated my AOL and now I cant find the saved email list, I know it must be on my computer somewhere but being completly computer illiterate have no idea what to do to recover it. Anybody know what I have to do, (simple for idiots language please), to get it back? Thanks Ray

britishtrident - 7/11/09 at 07:29 PM

The AOL help system should have the info you require it is on there somewhere I found it for a client a couple of years back,

My general advice is when AOL gets a version upgrade don't install as it always causes problems.

No good asking anybody who knows about computers about AOL ......... they will just say get a proper ISP .

Mansfield - 7/11/09 at 08:52 PM

Have you moved from AOL 9 to AOL desktop?

Older versions of AOL stored saved emails in a file called "email.pfc". If you can find this then there must be a way of importing it into the updated software.

This might help.

AOL help

WARNING: You may find your old emails disappear after 30 days - never to return - unlike the old software. In the old version it was archived after 30 days into the email saved on my PC folder. You need to tick a box to make this happen in AOL desktop. I lost about 45 days worth before I realised.