Board logo

BT infinity
foskid - 23/8/11 at 08:36 AM

Just had the new system installed this am. Download speed checked out at 33.26 Mbps. That pretty good, and cheaper than my previous option 2.

I just hope I can get a likewise improved rate into myself for my car build.

mcerd1 - 23/8/11 at 09:09 AM

I wish they'd get there finger out, they have no plans to upgrade here anytime soon and this is the best we can get on ye olde copper wires

(and I have to share that with 10+ other people )

[Edited on 23/8/2011 by mcerd1]

AdamR - 23/8/11 at 09:10 AM

Wow! And here's me delighted to have 6Mb in my new house, up from 1.5Mb in my old place (which was in zone 2 of our mighty capital no less, so not what you'd call a remote rural location).

Seems to be luck of the draw across the country.

se7en - 23/8/11 at 09:47 AM

My stats from Sky (BT cable). I was thinking of going to BT but they cannot guarantee a faster speed. I live rural and about 4k+ from the exchange.

">

Daddylonglegs - 23/8/11 at 10:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
I wish they'd get there finger out, they have no plans to upgrade here anytime soon and this is the best we can get on ye olde copper wires

(and I have to share that with 10+ other people )

[Edited on 23/8/2011 by mcerd1]

Blimey! Thought we had a bad deal, we're too far from the exchange to get BB so have gone with Cotswold Wireless who provide a wireless router/DHCP server which connects to their transmitter about 2 miles away and then feeds our wireless router in the house. On wireless we get an average as shown below so not bad considering even if it is a little more expensive than BB over cable/fiber.

[img][/img]