Board logo

Image Uploading Problem (SQL Related)
Dick Axtell - 18/1/19 at 03:58 PM

Very recently, I discovered that I couldn't upload images (jpg), even after resizing. This error message is displayed : -
"(i)You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1(/i)".

I have absolutely no idea what "SQL syntax" is, nor how to fix it. Advice very welcome!

jps - 18/1/19 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell
Very recently, I discovered that I couldn't upload images (jpg), even after resizing. This error message is displayed : -
"(i)You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1(/i)".

I have absolutely no idea what "SQL syntax" is, nor how to fix it. Advice very welcome!

It's a problem with the forum I think. There's just ChrisW who is the administrator/tech etc and he isn't hugely active as far as I understand. It has been an issue for a while and I think no expectation as to if/when it might get sorted.

nick205 - 18/1/19 at 05:02 PM

I've had the same problem on this forum for some weeks now and there doesn't seem to be any indication of a fix for it.

big_wasa - 18/1/19 at 05:22 PM

Yep I am in the same boat. I’ve got a couple of project threads to update and finish off. Only option is to host them on a third party. I’ve stuck some pictures on imgur but you have reduce them down as this site won’t resize them.

[Edited on 18/1/19 by big_wasa]

Theshed - 18/1/19 at 10:24 PM

It's a bit of a shame. This poor site is showing its age. Rather fewer posts and regrettably far fewer scratch builds. I still always pop by but do miss the photos of other peoples builds.

Can you now al imagine a picture of my finished car?

Nope - me neither

r1_pete - 18/1/19 at 10:30 PM

Its a problem with the database, MySQL, it could have run out of image space, could be an old version not supporting later fpg formats.....

SQL - structured query language, code executed within the database to make it do stuff....

Dick Axtell - 19/1/19 at 11:06 AM

Thanks to all for your replies. Pleased to find it ain't just me! Also thanks to r1_pete for the SQL clarification.

big_wasa, your pic seems to show the significant differences between the Indy chassis, and the old Locost version. That gearbox (M75 type?) sits rearwards more easily than the Type 9.

big_wasa - 19/1/19 at 12:01 PM

Yes like for like the Mt75 goes back another 50mm than the T9.
The T9 would go back the same if you cut a chunk out of the bellhousing.
This is in an Indy, I can’t really compare to the Locost as I built the tunnel around the box and shifted the lot 3/4” into the passenger side to give more room for my size 13’s and offset the weight against me a little more.

Due to the cost and availability of Ford boxes I am looking into Mazda options.

It’s not just this site that’s dying. Car forums in general and cars as a hobby are. My local scrap yard has closed due to ever increasing eu laws.