Board logo

Wet Weather Gear.
Black Cat - 19/7/12 at 08:52 PM

Ladies & gentlemen,

With all this rain we've been having, does anybody know someone, in or around Ipswich who can make up a very good set of wet weather gear for a seven?

Thanks.

bi22le - 19/7/12 at 10:52 PM

Soft bits for sevens?

Dont know their location.

big-vee-twin - 20/7/12 at 07:17 AM

Darn Saaf - West Sussex I believe

monck - 20/7/12 at 10:21 AM

i have a roof of my tiger i would sell as i have an aeroscreen now, no idea if it would fit mind

[Edited on 20/7/12 by monck]

Black Cat - 20/7/12 at 11:52 AM

Who is Darn Saaf in Sussex? I've heard before of a company down that way who produce wet weather gear and actually seen one which was an excellent example of a really good fit but lost their details. It might well be them.

I had a look on line for Darn Saaf and ended up in Germany so does anybody have contact details.

Dont think I will be able to use a standard one from Tiger as I intend to try and have the roof section made with more headroom and a few other minor variation but thanks for the offer monck.

Many thanks

matt_claydon - 20/7/12 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Black Cat
I had a look on line for Darn Saaf and ended up in Germany so does anybody have contact details.

Classic! He means "Down South" and was referring to Soft Bits For Sevens: http://www.softbitsforsevens.co.uk/

Black Cat - 20/7/12 at 12:21 PM

Good one.

rusty nuts - 20/7/12 at 07:10 PM

P&M Taylor
3 Meadow Ind Est
Reach Rd.
Burwell near Newmarket
CB25 0GH
01638 741776

Did mine a few years ago , I'm well pleased with it. I did sort out the hood frame before taking the car to them , would also be a good idea to work out how you are going to fit sidescreens before as well.

I've also had other work done by
D.S. Thomsett.
Unit 27 Cave Ind Est.
Fen Road
Cambridge.
CB4 1UN
01223 420622.

Both do a very good job and are not too far from you . Not cheap but you get what you pay for but they do get very busy and may be booking a bit in advance.

HTH