Board logo

Can you recommend an aero screen?
MartynF - 7/8/18 at 08:00 AM

Looking through some old posts it’s obvious that most people recommend an aero screen over a full windscreen, especially for cars like mine who will spend 99% of their time on track.

So can anyone recommend a brand or type to go for?
Thanks

nick205 - 7/8/18 at 09:18 AM

Not an aeroscreen as such, but I fitted a short screen to my MK Indy. Can't honestly remember where I got it from, but it fitted perfectly well to the ridge in the MK supplied GRP scuttle.

I wore a full face helmet in the car to protect my eyes from potential bug damage - I'd recommend the same if you fit an aerocreen and not a windscreen.

[Edited on 7/8/18 by nick205]

Daf - 7/8/18 at 09:50 AM

I have a GBS one, it's quite effective if you get your seat at the right height

gingerprince - 7/8/18 at 04:35 PM

You can make your own simple enough.

I bought a sheet of tinted perspex from ebay for about 16 quid which was enough to make 2 screens. Hard bit is tracing the contour of the scuttle, which I did by folding some cardboard into a long L shape, then cutting slits and taping so that it follows the contour. Then transfer that to the perspex, cut it (I chose to have the top follow the bottom rather than cut straight as some do), then form a bend at either end with a heat gun and a straight piece of wood.

Description
Description

nick205 - 10/8/18 at 08:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
You can make your own simple enough.

I bought a sheet of tinted perspex from ebay for about 16 quid which was enough to make 2 screens. Hard bit is tracing the contour of the scuttle, which I did by folding some cardboard into a long L shape, then cutting slits and taping so that it follows the contour. Then transfer that to the perspex, cut it (I chose to have the top follow the bottom rather than cut straight as some do), then form a bend at either end with a heat gun and a straight piece of wood.

Description
Description

Like it - nice to see some of the Locost "DIY" approach.