Board logo

Different attempt at fenders /aero
Dale - 29/4/07 at 12:15 AM

An attempt at a different style with cues from the 55 maserati 250 streamliner.

The nose has to be changed as I did not touch it yet and it will need a front to the front fenders. The backs will look better capped and curved over the tire, the fronts would be open at the top but maybe have a small cycle fender over the top- but only if needed by law. An alloy air diffuser at the back would fit in nicely to fill the gap at the bottom of the fenders/fins. Either that or take about 2 to 3 inches out of the back fenders.
Dale

webshots pics at

http://rides.webshots.com/album/96933615lXyang Rescued attachment DSCF0012_resize.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0012_resize.JPG

Dale - 29/4/07 at 12:15 AM

& Rescued attachment DSCF0010_resize.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0010_resize.JPG

clockwork - 29/4/07 at 06:43 PM

2p. As much as I like the morgan aero8 look you were going for, it seemed a shame to copy something current. This on the other hand (to my eye) looks great, a style that will be totally your own has to be better surely?
Just one question. Are you going to have a struggle getting in over those sills? What about anything with a skirt

Dale - 29/4/07 at 09:43 PM

If I go this route, I would put a door of some sort in with a step when its opened. It would have to probably open forward and up from the scuttle area or so.
Dale

Dale - 30/4/07 at 02:09 AM

more bonnet line and infront of the front wings Rescued attachment DSCF0003_resize.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCF0003_resize.jpg

Dale - 30/4/07 at 02:10 AM

& Rescued attachment DSCF0002_resize.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCF0002_resize.jpg

Doug68 - 30/4/07 at 08:28 AM

My nickel on the subject...

Over all I like it and its great that it'll not look like yet another 7 however I'd toss the crusty old MG lights and replace them with ones from the new Mini which I think would look good and can be had cheap from eBay.
Also at the front I think the way front fender curls under will generate lift as air gets trapped under it.

[Edited on 30/4/07 by Doug68]

MustangSix - 30/4/07 at 03:27 PM

I like it and think you're on the right track. Better than the Aero 8 idea, IMO.

I would lean toward rounded edges and roll the body work under the car like the inspirational car. I realize this is just concept, but flat 90 degree panels won't look right with the curvy body work you have on the rest of the car.

I can't tell from that view, but I'll bet if you look at the car from the side and squint a bit, you are not too far off the profile of an XK120 roadster.

[Edited on 30/4/07 by MustangSix]

Mr Whippy - 30/4/07 at 03:43 PM

reminds me off... Rescued attachment 011.jpg
Rescued attachment 011.jpg

Dale - 30/4/07 at 03:51 PM

Just on the smaller scall though Mr Whippy. As well as bit slower.
Thanks for the comments- I have been toying with different front ends as I understand there will be some lift on the front as it sits right now. Some of the racing morgan +4s have air dams on the front which dont look too bad and are still vintage looking.
I dont really like the mini tail lights for my app- To me they look too new and my car is being registered as a hot rod mgb(already titled in my name.)
I had not thought of curling it under on the sides but was going to do the top edge to some extent but I like the idea and should have thought of it myself- but did not. So far as it sits the entire sides could be done in sheetmetal/alloy as it has no complex curve to speak of. The front from the wheel line up I imagine would have to be glass.
Thanks
Dale

Dale - 5/5/07 at 01:10 AM

I think I have come up with a back I like, will just have to flair the edges to get a bit more wheel clearance. When I stepped back it reminded me of a tr3 rear wing. The sides still need a big radius - I am thinking around a 2 inch rad top and bottom for the side.
Dale Rescued attachment DSCF0005_resize.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0005_resize.JPG

Peteff - 5/5/07 at 09:00 AM

I went to Hucknall on Thursday and there was a TR3 there in Old English White and it looked beautiful.