Board logo

Anybody bought tyres online?
nathanharris1987 - 26/3/08 at 11:04 AM

been looking into all these online tyre companys with their mobile fitting service ie www.etyres.co.uk

somthing seems to good to be true, like the price maybe? didnt know whether anyone has used any of these guys and got any issues with them?

saigonij - 26/3/08 at 11:08 AM

I have brought lots of tyres from MyTyres. each time they arrived when they said they would - 100% hassle free so far.

recommended.

nib1980 - 26/3/08 at 11:09 AM

Yep I used them for my R888's no problem at all, nice guy and did a good job

ned - 26/3/08 at 11:10 AM

Used:
http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/
http://www.mytyres.co.uk

Probably going to use next time:
http://www.camskill.co.uk
http://www.blackcircles.com

Benzine - 26/3/08 at 11:13 AM

I've used camskill a couple of times

smart51 - 26/3/08 at 11:15 AM

I've used camskill. Had no problems.

Fozzie - 26/3/08 at 11:20 AM

I have used 'MyTyres' for Yokohamas and Bridgestone Potenza's.

I had to wait a few days for 1 set of Yokohamas, but I was kept informed throughout.

All I bought were the tyres, I didn't need a fitting service, so cannot comment on that bit..

Fozzie

Hammerhead - 26/3/08 at 11:22 AM

I used etyres. Seemed ok, but the guy forgot to balance one of the wheels. So at 80mph (on a private road) I had big wheel wobble. I phoned to complain and they sent the guy straight back out to balance without any fuss.
So I would use them again. I guess they are cheaper because they don't have the overheads of loads of fitting depots.

onzarob - 26/3/08 at 11:23 AM

I bought tyre from mytyres no issue, getting them fitted was a pain.

I now use the local fitter who works out no more expensive and if you got a problem they will sort it

Guinness - 26/3/08 at 11:26 AM

Yup, another vote for etyres (I think).

Personally I don't think I'd use a Kwik Fit type depot operation again.

Order the tyres one day online, bloke turns up at your office the next and fits them in the car park. I made him a cup of tea and he was done in about half an hour. He even advised me to replace the locking wheel nuts as they were shagged.

No hassle, no sitting in a waiting room reading an old copy of Autocar!

Mike

vinny1275 - 26/3/08 at 11:41 AM

Etyres from me as well. They give you free puncture repairs on the ones they've replaced as well. I'd guess they're all slightly different for service, as I think they're franchises, but the oxfordshire ones I was really happy with.

HTH

vince

DavidW - 26/3/08 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
Yup, another vote for etyres (I think).

Personally I don't think I'd use a Kwik Fit type depot operation again.

Order the tyres one day online, bloke turns up at your office the next and fits them in the car park. I made him a cup of tea and he was done in about half an hour. He even advised me to replace the locking wheel nuts as they were shagged.

No hassle, no sitting in a waiting room reading an old copy of Autocar!

Mike

I almost wrote exactly this.

They are good although we recently had pair of tyres done on my wifes car in a hurry (flat run flat tyre and no spare a long way from home) and kwik fit matched the e-tyres price with no proof or anything.

andy o - 26/3/08 at 12:59 PM

i've used mytyres many times and have never had any problems

DaveFJ - 26/3/08 at 01:47 PM

bought mine from mytyres... excellent service even though the rears were special order...

don't forget the fitting cost though! cost me £40

mark chandler - 26/3/08 at 02:11 PM

I got ,ine from here.

Came a few days later, no problem.

Worked out much cheaper than elsewhere but I do have access to a tyre machine and balancer. They were still cheaper than trade.

Regards Mark

Rob Palin - 26/3/08 at 03:35 PM

I've used Camskill and Mytyres a few times with no problems. I've a marginal preference for Camskill due to shorter delivery times - they also now send you a text on the day of delivery to say the van's on its way!

Fitting is an issue. Used to get it done on the sly at work for beer money but had to go to a Kwik Fit last time, though again for beer money as they won't fit tyres not bought from them as a policy (or that's what they told me). Absolute rubbish. Comically bad steering vibration which thankfully stopped quite quickly afterwards due to balance weights coming flying off! Total stonewall from the guys when i very politely asked them to sort it. Never again.

K999NNY - 26/3/08 at 05:58 PM

If you can get someone to fit them, camskill is the cheapest.

jwallbank - 26/3/08 at 09:04 PM

Just got mine from Black Circle, £20 per tyre cheaper than Kwik Fit quoted. Fitting by local tyre fitter included in price. Very please with them.