Board logo

new single piece bodywork
Dillinger1977 - 28/7/05 at 06:27 PM

when Marc says something is a '5 minute job' i normally think 'yeah right, for a pro!' and factor it by 10 to account for my numptyness.

so when he said the new bodywork was a 5 minute job, i was expecting to be there all week, and making an complete mess of it.

but whaddya know, it only went on in 5 minutes didnt it... !!!

very cool!

the new tranny tunnel is similarly cool, but i havent got round to carving the handbrake and gear holes yet... too scared.

andy d (rizla) - 28/7/05 at 06:35 PM

looking good,like the color,goes well with the carpet

Dillinger1977 - 28/7/05 at 06:37 PM

dont mock the carpet!!!

suparuss - 28/7/05 at 08:28 PM

i have the exact same step ladders!

smart51 - 28/7/05 at 08:35 PM

your body work has got the lumps to line up the bonnet. You got yours the same time as me. that's not fair!

TimC - 28/7/05 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by suparuss

Spooooooooky!

I continue to be impressed with what I see!!

Avoneer - 28/7/05 at 09:10 PM

That looks like pure quality.

Do we have a new Caterfield competitor at locost prices???

Pat...

pgpsmith - 29/7/05 at 02:24 AM

Forget NAFTA, we need a North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement. You guys are rich in Locost and racing resources. I have to keep stifling attacks of jealousy. Thanks for the pic, though. It's given me a few ideas.

Pete Byar

Winston Todge - 29/7/05 at 07:25 AM

I spies me an engine in the corner there Rog!

What did you end up with!?

Fuel injected? Carbed? What year? Good price?

Chris.

James - 29/7/05 at 07:37 AM

It's cheating when it's that easy!

If every stage of the project isn't a mind-numbingly complex, knuckle scraping, pain in the ass then it just doesn't count as proper!

Looks good!

Cheers,
James

Dillinger1977 - 29/7/05 at 08:02 AM

i guess it is kind of cheating compared to making it all yourself!

i really do admire you locost folk for what you can do!
i'd love to be able to knock a car up from scratch but i have neither the skills or the tools. So, a kit is more attainable for me.

but, you never know. i might have 'the bug' after finishing this and decide to do a locost next. i have an urge to get ito some budget mosport and locost 1300 racing seems like a good start...

PS Chris: yup, picked it up last week! 2001 5JJ model so the last year of carbs.
I did have my heart set on FI but i lost my job a couple of weeks ago so trying to reduce costs a little!

ned - 29/7/05 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by suparuss

scourering the pic i think i have the same pu adhesive lol

Ned.

Peteff - 29/7/05 at 09:15 AM

The window bottom grinder, or is it a portable one ?

Dillinger1977 - 29/7/05 at 09:44 AM

its a little cheapy one with suckers on the bottom. i dont use it on the shelf, i just put it there when not needed

Winston Todge - 29/7/05 at 06:16 PM

Sad to hear about the job Rog... But there is always a silver lining in there somewhere... More time in the garage for you then!

Which R1 loom did you fit then if you were originally planning on an FI motor? And any return fuel line?

Atleast you save the cost of a Power Commander!

Take it easy,

Chris

marc n - 29/7/05 at 06:43 PM

quote:

when Marc says something is a '5 minute job' i normally think 'yeah right, for a pro!' and factor it by 10 to account for my numptyness.

quote:

so when he said the new bodywork was a 5 minute job, i was expecting to be there all week, and making an complete mess of it.

hate to say i told you so but

must admit everytime i fit the bodywork to a car i just think this is bloody brilliant

it used to take me four and a half hours before

no horrible strips to cover the join between the sides and rear, and no strips of alloy to fudge the interior to exterior panel gap

ive seen the future its one piece

[Edited on 29/7/05 by marc n]

[Edited on 29/7/05 by marc n]

Avoneer - 29/7/05 at 06:57 PM

ive seen the future its one piece

One piece of what? Cheese cake?

marc n - 29/7/05 at 07:03 PM

quote:

One piece of what? Cheese cake?

hmm im starving too!!!!

no i ment one piece sides and rear

oh well best get on with some work now