Board logo

Slater
DarrenW - 6/3/09 at 11:11 PM

I take it he passed. Whats the big deal. All of us with cars on the road have passed. SVA is dead easy.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ONLY JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done that man. What a star. Please post a vid of when your missus found out. i bet she was suitably impressed.

Im so pleased for you. Just pouring the celebratory right now. Only vodka though - no whisky left

Slater - 6/3/09 at 11:19 PM

Darren, very funny.

As I took longer than expected and then to DVLA office I was running late...... I got a phone call asking where was I and what time will I be home.

She has been very sarcastic about the ammount of time I have spent in the garage over the last 3-4 months, particularly the last week! So I bought her a bunch of flowers on the way home. Seems to have worked. I think she did realise what a big day it was for me.

bigrich - 6/3/09 at 11:36 PM

I would just like to add my congratulations Keith, Well done sir!!

I was there at Mac#1 this morning, when you rang about the emissions etc, Mark was genuinely nervous for you and was hoping they saw their error and issued a MAC, which they have

DarrenW - 6/3/09 at 11:50 PM

Flowers seem to have worked................................................. Oh boy - spare us the details why you have posted so late

I take it your late posts are like a post coitous ciggy (probs bad spelling!).

You have done a good job. First time pass - that is well cool Awesome achievement. Top man.

Steve Hignett - 7/3/09 at 12:14 AM

All the best Mate!!!

ewan - 7/3/09 at 01:11 AM

Well done Keith,

I got the engine to turn over today, so I will be behind you before you know it..........!

Slater - 7/3/09 at 08:22 AM

Thanks for the comments. Also, Thanks for all your help and advice over the last few years.

Well done Ewan, getting the engine turning is a big step.

Apologies for the late post, I was itching to let you all know as soon as I had got home after returning the trailer, but had kids and wife to attend to.

It a very fine balancing act between family/kit car, for me it's been all kit car recently, so I need to give them some time now. Oh, and install the main bathroom, which I ripped out in January and have forgotton about.

[Edited on 7/3/09 by Slater]

omega 24 v6 - 7/3/09 at 08:43 AM

Well done Keith. I never got round past to see you as SWMBO does not care for driving in the "toon". Take it easy out there. I was thinking yesterday it'd be a cracking day for a drive but the roads were mega greasy in the morning.
Hopefully see ya soon.
Ewan I hope your getting on with your car wiring OK. Busy time of year for you, with your job I suppose, when do you think you'll be ready for the road?

justinnewton - 7/3/09 at 07:50 PM

Well done with the pass matey, I hope I have similar success with mine.