Board logo

Lathe and mill need using!
ed_crouch - 5/12/11 at 09:58 PM

Hi all.

I have a modest machining capability at home these days, and wondered the following:

Would people be interested if I said that for a modest price I could do custom machined parts such as EFI sensor bosses/brackets, throttle pot adaptor plates, distributor hole blanking plugs or the like? I'm not a trader (I have a day job) and I'm not interested in making pots of money, but I would like to make use of the skills and capabilities I have (I wish I'd had space for the machines when I was playing with TVRs: I coulda done with pretty much one of each of the above when I MS2e'd my 390SE...!).

Essentially I'm offering to help the locosters make a good job of their cars in exchange for enough money to cover the material cost and have some beer money left over.

Hopefully the mods wont see me as a trader - I'm not.

For your money, you'll get your part(s), an image of the CAD model and a .dxf to confirm the design.

Please U2U me if interested.

Ed.

PSpirine - 5/12/11 at 10:14 PM

I'd definitely be interested for small spacers, adapters etc. when I start the build. Will be able to supply everything as dxf files if that makes your life easier..

Certainly better to go to a fellow locoster if possible!

ReMan - 5/12/11 at 10:36 PM

That would be great.
I'd do it myself if I had the time, space machines, skill!
So yes I'd use you

In the man time if anyone wants a photocopy of something I'll help

AntonUK - 5/12/11 at 10:45 PM

you have u2u

jossey - 6/12/11 at 09:41 AM

i could do with a few bits including some spacers for the sierra column where it attaches to the chassis. they are like 20mm round and 25mm deep ish i think off hand....

Autosri - 6/12/11 at 09:51 AM

Would you be able to make a kit to fit a throttle pot on dcoe webers by any chance mate

coyoteboy - 6/12/11 at 10:41 AM

I might well take you up on this offer at some point, I don't have a lathe/mill handy so getting things made up means I have to wait until I return to my parents place. I'll see what I need throwing together.