Board logo

Alternator wiring question. Daihatsu Denso
jon200 - 4/2/13 at 03:50 PM

What needs to go where with this so that I have a working battery light. Obviously I have the large +ve terminal to the battery but what about the other ones?

What goes to IG and what goes to L? I'm guessing IG is ignition live but what about the L and where does the bulb go?

big-vee-twin - 4/2/13 at 03:57 PM

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

Benzine - 4/2/13 at 03:59 PM

Any use? Taken from a thread I made here

Tiger Super Six - 4/2/13 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
[img] Description
Description
[/img]

This is your friend - just figure out which you have, or post a pic of the alternator terminals.

jon200 - 4/2/13 at 07:03 PM

So L goes to a 2-3w lamp to earth?

Dusty - 4/2/13 at 10:42 PM

L to ignition lamp to ignition live, not earth.
Assuming the ign light is a proper bulb, not an LED.

jon200 - 5/2/13 at 01:22 AM

I though IG was for a switched live from the ignition? or does L need to be permanant live?

jon200 - 10/2/13 at 10:21 PM

So I need a switched live to both then? Switched to IG and a switched to L via a lamp?

AndyW - 11/2/13 at 08:36 AM

IG is a switched 12v (that helps energise the alternator)
L is your output to ign warning light.

Thats how mine was wired and works fine

loggyboy - 11/2/13 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jon200
So I need a switched live to both then? Switched to IG and a switched to L via a lamp?

Yes, exactly that.

whitestu - 11/2/13 at 11:25 AM

The ignition lights don't always work as you might think.

Mine is the same as the type 4 diagram and all the L does is outputs a signal. It didn't even give enough currrent to light an LED. I used the signal to switch a diode, which then then acted as a relaye to supply a 12v feed to the ignition light.

jon200 - 11/2/13 at 06:28 PM

cool cheers chaps.

MkIndy7 - 11/2/13 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
The ignition lights don't always work as you might think.

Mine is the same as the type 4 diagram and all the L does is outputs a signal. It didn't even give enough currrent to light an LED. I used the signal to switch a diode, which then then acted as a relaye to supply a 12v feed to the ignition light.

Isin't the 12v +ve feed to the alternator light supoosed to come from the Ignition live circuit.
The Alternator is then provides the -ve when at rest and then +ve when its charging.

Thus the light illuminates when the ignition is sritched on but is then is fed with +12v from both sides when the alternator is working n thus doesnt light up.

All this relays and Diodes sounds rather complicated