Board logo

Options to Ford EDIS4 please.
po79 - 4/4/13 at 03:34 PM

Hi all,

After waisting a whole day today in the freezing cold going from scrap yard to scrap yard trying to find an EDIS4 unit plus other bits for the megajolt and coming home with nothing I was wondering if anyone here knows of any other source for these parts other than old Fords?

Cheers,

Poe.

big-vee-twin - 4/4/13 at 03:45 PM

ebay EDIS4 and New Ford Coil Pack Megajolt, MegaSquirt | eBay

po79 - 4/4/13 at 04:11 PM

Thanks,

Yes the Ford EDIS can be found on Ebay but that wasn't what I was asking.

Alternatives to that unit is what I'm enquiring about.

Cheers,

Poe.

r1_pete - 4/4/13 at 04:40 PM

The NoDiz system does not need an edis. Link

po79 - 6/4/13 at 01:38 PM

Cheers but I'm already running a megajolt unit so it wouldn't make sense to buy another system.

Everyone uses the Ford EDIS for their megajolts however aside from the units on Ebay they are gettng near to impossible to find in scrap yards and soon are going to become hard to find anywhere so I really was just looking for a unit simular to the Ford EDIS from another manufacturer that can be used in conjunction with the megajolts.

Poe.

chris-g - 6/4/13 at 02:01 PM

I am fairly sure you can get Megasquirt modified with a coil driver so it may be possible to get megajolt modified.

big_wasa - 6/4/13 at 02:03 PM

You wont find one. The edis is bassed on a 36-1 trigger patern. I would start by finding if any other manufactures uses this ?

I cant think of any.

po79 - 8/4/13 at 05:16 PM

Thanks Chris-g I'll look into that and see what I can find out.

Big_wasa, If its only the Ford EDIS that uses the 36-1 trigger wheel then surely if an alternative can be found from another manuacturer then all thats needed is a trigger wheel to match.

I think that given Ford only used the EDIS for less than 10 years back in the 90's and they are already becoming tricky to source its a good idea to start finding alternatives.

Poe.

mtechmatt - 9/4/13 at 11:02 AM

Poe,

Exactly the reason for me designing the NODIZ Pro...

I was looking at making it MJ compatible as a just an EDIS replacement module, but with the all the extra features, may as well either sell the MJ Kit, or keep hunting. I have some old EDIS4 modules here, £40=VAT if you want one?

Cheers,
matt