Board logo

fuel pump relay?
simon88 - 15/4/14 at 03:32 PM

Hi, been trying to locate a fuel pump relay I'm using a mondeo mk2 2ltr zetec with original loom and ECU, I'm having problems finding a fuel relay I did try an audi one but didn't work any advise on relays that will work been around all the scrap yard the mk2 is like gold dust to find.
This is the last thing hopefully before it will fire up

simon88 - 15/4/14 at 03:40 PM

just had a thought does the system need to be bled through first like on a diesel?

gremlin1234 - 15/4/14 at 03:51 PM

do you have an inertial switch? (fuel cut off switch)

simon88 - 15/4/14 at 03:55 PM

Nope

simon88 - 15/4/14 at 04:00 PM

theres power going to the relay but it's not switching over to power the fuel pump

simon88 - 15/4/14 at 04:07 PM

think I've fixed it, wired up my wire the wrong way round lol, goina see if she starts, makes me wander what else is wired backwards wish me luck!

renetom - 15/4/14 at 04:15 PM

Hi
We just used a std relay which works fine.

relays
relays

Good luck

simon88 - 15/4/14 at 05:13 PM

Thanks its sorted now, but I've got different problems the starter motor clunks a lot every now and then as well as smokes,
the engine did fire up but died quickly and back fired, took the plugs out they were black so cleaned them and charging the battery will give it another go tomorrow, how long is petrol good for stored? its about 6 months old

gremlin1234 - 15/4/14 at 07:11 PM

modern petrol goes off really quick, especially in hot/cold/wet conditions (but should still work)
easystart can help, but it can also blow head gaskets!

and good luck!, its also very rewarding when the engine /does/ start for the first time

The Black Flash - 15/4/14 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by simon88
Thanks its sorted now, but I've got different problems the starter motor clunks a lot every now and then as well as smokes,
the engine did fire up but died quickly and back fired, took the plugs out they were black so cleaned them and charging the battery will give it another go tomorrow, how long is petrol good for stored? its about 6 months old

6 months will be fine.

renetom - 16/4/14 at 06:22 AM

Hi
Re: starter motor sounds as if it need servicing or replacing.
certainly should not smoke , with the high amps could cause a fire.
(no disrespect) but it is the correct motor for your engine ?.
Good luck.