Board logo

What is this?
metro6r4 - 23/7/14 at 06:40 PM

while striping the wiring out of the global ready for when I get the new loom fitted to run the cbr engine I found this

any idea what it is and what its worth? Any help is appreciated

Rod Ends - 23/7/14 at 06:47 PM

It's a PI system 1 datalogger - fairly old, so not worth too much

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41078

Slimy38 - 23/7/14 at 06:50 PM

A quick google for Pi system 1 suggests it's a data logger, can't get any further than that though. It's a little old, even the 'tested' sticker is from the turn of the century.

metro6r4 - 23/7/14 at 06:51 PM

do I have the whole thing or should I be looking for another part?
I was totally wrong when I guessed it was some sort of ecu

Rod Ends - 23/7/14 at 07:02 PM

It was made by Pi Research who were taken over by Cosworth

You've basically got a computer with no documentation - try asking on racing forums, pistonheads, etc.

skov - 23/7/14 at 07:08 PM

Oooh, that brings back memories - my first proper job was at Pi many years ago.
I didn't have much to do with the racing side of things, but I believe that's a data logger.
It would have been a very expensive piece of kit in it's day, no idea what it's worth now though, probably not a lot.

Judging by what's left of the wiring it was set up for speed, rpm, and lap time so it's worth seeing if you still have any of those sensors (lap beacon receiver in particular).

Volvorsport - 23/7/14 at 08:15 PM

Old but worth keeping if you have the sensors . Its got two thermo couples for a start .

metro6r4 - 23/7/14 at 08:26 PM

gone through the loom/spaghetti and couldn't find any sensors unfortunately

skov - 24/7/14 at 09:00 AM

Probably not a lot of use without any sensors, software, or leads.
Someone might want it as a spare though. I'd stick it on ebay, or advertise it on racing / karting forums. Might get a few quid for it.