Board logo

rear lights
chesney321 - 21/9/14 at 09:35 PM

help needed to figure out which rear lights to use please add pics to show what lights you have got also would it look ok and pass iva if lights were on back panel and not the rear wings.Can you get rear clusters that have fog and reversing lights within them

CosKev3 - 22/9/14 at 12:57 PM

Someone on here had some expensive led ones from cbs that had all required lights in two units, so no need for reversing/fogs on the rear panel.

prawnabie - 22/9/14 at 04:43 PM

Don't forget the distance regs for the fog/rev from the other lights. if you can buy a suitable all in one cluster you will get away with it.

neilp1 - 22/9/14 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Someone on here had some expensive led ones from cbs that had all required lights in two units, so no need for reversing/fogs on the rear panel.

Thats me.

Description
Description

CosKev3 - 23/9/14 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by neilp1
quote:

Thats me.

Thats them

Does make the rear end look nice and clutter free

Boylers11 - 24/9/14 at 12:55 PM

Not really what you're looking for, but here's a pic of mine to give you ideas....

sg_frost - 28/9/14 at 02:00 PM

quote:
quote:

Thats me.

Description
Description

but your fog lamp is within 100mm of brake lamp, has it passed IVA with them on?

sg_frost - 28/9/14 at 02:06 PM

This is mine, (Not level yet or finished)

The centre of the outer ones are indicators, centre of inner ones are reverse.
Outer of outer ones are side and brake, outer of inner ones are side and fog (currently wired up as brakes also)
The brake lights are labelled as equivalent to 21W and the fogs are equivalent to 24W.

neilp1 - 5/10/14 at 05:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sg_frost
quote:
quote:

Thats me.

Description
Description

but your fog lamp is within 100mm of brake lamp, has it passed IVA with them on?

Yes passed IVA in August

CosKev3 - 5/10/14 at 10:01 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats me.

Description
Description

pretty sure there is an exception in iva for one piece lamp clusters.

Not all cars built by manufacturers have the fog light 100mm from brake lights if its a one piece cluster

loggyboy - 5/10/14 at 10:12 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats me.

Description
Description

pretty sure there is an exception in iva for one piece lamp clusters.

Not all cars built by manufacturers have the fog light 100mm from brake lights if its a one piece cluster

Indeed, needs to be emarked.