Board logo

Made To Measure Battery Cable
SmudgerEBT - 31/5/16 at 04:51 PM

Anyone on here make made to measure battery cable, trader or not. Or point me at a trader/website please.

Cheers

INDY BIRD - 31/5/16 at 05:54 PM

used this company before good service and product,

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Simply-Split-Charge-01235-203698/CABLE-/_i.html?_fsub=6218307014&_sid=1194189434&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

[Edited on 31/5/16 by INDY BIRD]

nickm - 31/5/16 at 06:20 PM

Hi
Vehicle Wiring Products based in Derbyshire good catalogue and website good selection of stuff and cheap postage rather than courier.

Nick M

blakep82 - 31/5/16 at 07:30 PM

What are you after exactly?
They're not very difficult to make up

SmudgerEBT - 31/5/16 at 07:50 PM

Till I get an engine (and in) and place battery I wont know lengths that are needed.

But less than a few feet for both so its working out if buying the tools to use twice is worth the cost if the short run is available cheap and ready made.

hizzi - 31/5/16 at 08:29 PM

clarik.co.uk make them up alternatively make your own, auto spark showed me a cool tip, make up the lead and put th ecrimp on the end but instead of crimping tool use a 6mm round punch and a big hammer, give the crimp a swift whack with the punch in the centre it puts a 6mm indent the same as the crimping tool. i have done it several times since being shown

Charlie_Zetec - 31/5/16 at 11:09 PM

I've got a hydraulic crimper, and happy to make up cables at cost of parts (cable/lugs) & postage if you're interested? Not sure how it would compare price-wise against some of the other suppliers already listed, but let me know if you don't get anywhere!

Please note - I'm not a business or trader, just offering a helping hand if no other sources come through.

SteveWallace - 1/6/16 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nickm
Hi
Vehicle Wiring Products based in Derbyshire good catalogue and website good selection of stuff and cheap postage rather than courier.

Nick M

+1 for VWP. I live just down the road so when I wanted mine I went in with the measurements and they made it up on the spot for just the cost of the parts. I guess that if you not local or passing by, they will just add normal postage costs to get it to you.

Irony - 1/6/16 at 01:28 PM

I bought the parts from VWP and made my own. Putting the cable crimper and cable clamped in the vice. I placed a cold chisel on the crimp part of the end adapter and gave it one big blow with a lump hammer. Worked very well.

02GF74 - 1/6/16 at 06:47 PM

Chunk of steel with v notch.

Put in vice, put crimp connector with wire in.
Put. 6 mm dowel in opposite side of v

Do up vice
Dowel pushes indent into the crimp end, v stops crimp end from squashing.

Throwaway wire, look at cheap jump leads.
Use decent size cable for final fitting

[Edited on 1/6/16 by 02GF74]

907 - 1/6/16 at 09:39 PM

I used welding lead.