Board logo

Lithium ion battery charging
Shooter63 - 18/4/17 at 10:41 PM

I've been following a thread on uphill racers about the above batteries ( sky rich make) I'm pretty sure which one I need, my question is, do they charge off a normal alternator, Im planning on using a bedford rascal one on the car, or do you need to change anything.

Shooter

jeffw - 19/4/17 at 05:17 AM

Normal alternator.

Shooter63 - 19/4/17 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Normal alternator.

Thanks Jeff.

Shooter

russbost - 19/4/17 at 07:24 AM

Suspect you'd get a much better price on the battery from Furore Products

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, I only deal with the actual car building side of things, my daughter & her partner Oliver now run the business & still do all the li ion batteries. They will happily give same discounts as I always did when dealing directly rather than thro' the website or Ebay, it's usually 5% off, sometimes 10% depending on the product. Just give Oliver a ring 07905 879407 or drop him an email to info@furoreproducts.co.uk or furoreproducts@hotmail.com & tell him you've spoken to me

Confirm they will charge from any normal charging system as long as not over 14.5V

nickm - 19/4/17 at 06:26 PM

Hi
Bought a Lithium Ion from Furore good service and a good product, started my zetec se no problem weighs 900g compared with 10.4.
Biggest problem i had was its tiny and i had to rethink the battery tray.

Nick M