Board logo

Which sealed connectors ?
mcerd1 - 7/1/22 at 09:27 AM

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to start wiring this car (and I hate wiring )

there are a few places I could do with splitting off part of the loom for ease of fitting/maintenance and inevitably a few components needing connectors too

Obviously I'd like to stick to a single system (where possible) and needless to say its got to be 100% reliable - so before I rush out an buy into a system and a proper matching ratchet crimp tool, what are your thoughts on which type: Super seal, Econoseal, JPT, Deutsch or something else ?

(the Deutsch crimp tools I've found so far don't seem a cheap option )

roadrunner - 7/1/22 at 10:38 AM

I purchased this set from Ebay as I needed to sort mine out. The back of the dash is a Hornets nest of wires.

Linky

jacko - 7/1/22 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
I purchased this set from Ebay as I needed to sort mine out. The back of the dash is a Hornets nest of wires.

Linky

There the same type as we use at work very good
Graham

nick205 - 8/1/22 at 02:26 PM

Whichever type you go for using the proper crimping tools makes a big difference. Usually ratchet type tools rather than plier type tools.

Charlie_Zetec - 10/1/22 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner

Linky

Another vote for these - used when I installed the entire auxiliary loom in my Defender for all the bolt-on goodies! 5 years on, and still got no issues. As others have said, use the proper ratchet crimpers for the pins though (it's not the same as ones used for butt-crimps).

I've also used Deutsche connectors before, but as you found out, they're not cheap. I only used them as some items came with a pre-wired & molded plugs attached.