Board logo

Dominator lights group buy now £45 a pair!!!
russbost - 27/8/08 at 10:35 AM

See link below to previous posts on this

link

I have renegotiated with the supplier & can now do these super little headlights for just £45 a pair, P & P £7.50, but I do need to get the order in fairly shortly so please if you're interested let me know.
I will u2u all who have previously contacted me. I can take payment via Paypal to russbost@hotmail.co.uk or cheque, just ask for the address.

StevieB - 27/8/08 at 11:36 AM

I'll take a set - I'll sort the paypal bit out later today

andyace - 27/8/08 at 11:36 AM

Yes please for me, U2U sent

strikerxe - 27/8/08 at 12:45 PM

I'm interested . U2U sent

Mark G - 27/8/08 at 01:27 PM

i'm interested, are they side, dipped and main beam?

Are they sva safe?

russbost - 27/8/08 at 02:03 PM

They are side dip & main beam

"are they SVA safe" I believe they probably are with a minor modification see Here for full discussion

bigfoot4616 - 27/8/08 at 03:54 PM

U2U on its way

dogwood - 27/8/08 at 04:55 PM

I'M IN.......

dave1888 - 27/8/08 at 05:18 PM

Im in for a set.

Mark G - 27/8/08 at 06:10 PM

Looks like a good buy.

I'll send payment now.

Werner Van Loock - 27/8/08 at 06:15 PM

Does the mod mean that if turned the other way they can be used for european dip too? (living in belgium you know)

Mark G - 27/8/08 at 06:19 PM

Thats the way I'd understand it.

russbost - 27/8/08 at 07:02 PM

"Does the mod mean that if turned the other way they can be used for european dip too? (living in belgium you know) "

Yes, the manufacturer describes the beam as "flat" but as you can see from the pics on the other thread the beam is actually a very low angle "V", hence rotate 15 degrees one way (requires a small indent to be filed into the retaining ring) for left hand dip & the other way for right hand dip. You appreciate I obviously cannot guarantee acceptance for SVA, MoT or the equivalent in other countries, but to the very best of my knowledge & belief I can see no reason why not.
When I discussed these ights with VOSA at the SVA station at Chelmsford (I have the guys name & date I spoke to him if anyone wants it) they said that the exact markings on the glass were unimportant, providing the beam pattern met the requirements on the beam setter which, for this particular aspect of the test are identical to MoT requirements.

ecosse - 27/8/08 at 07:34 PM

Can you add me to the list please?

U2U on it's way

Thanks
Alex

hoots_min - 27/8/08 at 08:32 PM

Count me in too please.

U2U winging its way.

Cheers

dmwpep - 28/8/08 at 02:17 AM

I'm from the WSCC if it is OK I'll participate.

russbost - 28/8/08 at 08:59 AM

WSCC & any other owners clubs all welcome, if anyone wants to cross post this to other forums please do.

dmwpep - 28/8/08 at 10:20 AM

Thanks a lot, payment sent

strikerxe - 28/8/08 at 11:11 AM

Link posted on Sylva chat list

russbost - 31/8/08 at 01:20 PM

Ok
I believe I have replied to everyone that's posted here u2u'd, emailed or sent me cheques or paypal payments, but this very suddenly got about a dozen times the no. of interested parties so I've been a bit busy with it.
If you've not heard back from me or not had acknowledgement of your payment/colour etc. please give me a shout. I can still add further units to te order if anyone has missed it so far.
Cheers Russ

russbost - 31/8/08 at 01:21 PM

Ok
I believe I have replied to everyone that's posted here u2u'd, emailed or sent me cheques or paypal payments, but this very suddenly got about a dozen times the no. of interested parties so I've been a bit busy with it.
If you've not heard back from me or not had acknowledgement of your payment/colour etc. please give me a shout. I can still add further units to the order if anyone has missed it so far.
Cheers Russ

strikerxe - 1/9/08 at 07:22 AM

My headlights have just turned up

Cheers Russ, brilliant service .

bigfoot4616 - 2/9/08 at 05:26 PM

got mine now.
look much better than the massive things on it at the moment.

cheers mate

russbost - 3/9/08 at 04:16 PM

I'm getting these through in batches so if you've not got yours yet don't panic, I think they should all be posted by the end of the week.
As they are coming in batches if anyone else still wants to add to the order I can still do that up to the end of the week.

dmwpep - 3/9/08 at 09:07 PM

Mine arrived yesterday, many thanks for your effort Russ.
Kitcar owners/builders always restore some of my faith in humanity.

Thanks again

SeaBass - 4/9/08 at 04:39 PM

Got mine today. Many thanks buddy. Just what I was after and at that price I couldn't turn them down. 2CV lights coming off soon!

JC

ecosse - 4/9/08 at 05:08 PM

Lights arrived today Russ, top service, thanks again

Cheers
Alex

Davg - 4/9/08 at 10:21 PM

Russ, If not too late I'd like a set if possible. Ill paypal if you can confirm I havn't missed the boat on this one

cheers thanks Dave

Davg - 4/9/08 at 10:22 PM

Russ, If not too late I'd like a set if possible. Ill paypal if you can confirm I havn't missed the boat on this one

cheers thanks Dave

Doh! wot happened there

[Edited on 4/9/08 by Davg]

iceman26 - 4/9/08 at 10:44 PM

im also intrested if not to late u2u me your paypal address and i will send payment

dan__wright - 5/9/08 at 09:12 AM

i have some interesting news on these lights.

i have a pair and took my car for SVA yesterday - i did the 15 degree rotation of the lens to get the kick up.

the examiner kind of tilted his head and said the lenses were at a funny angle.
i told him thats because they were originally bike lights and throw a flat beam and i rotated them to give it the kickup to the left.

his response: you are aloud a flat beam! so they would of passed without the mod.

they did however pass with the rotated lenses so can confirm that they will go through SVA

westy turbo - 5/9/08 at 06:38 PM

Hi from me!!my first post..is it possible to get those and shipped to Greece????

westy turbo - 5/9/08 at 06:40 PM

Hi...my first postis it possible to buy those and shipped to Greece?

westy turbo - 5/9/08 at 06:42 PM

can i get to that,and shipped to Greece?

russbost - 6/9/08 at 08:20 AM

"i have some interesting news on these lights.

i have a pair and took my car for SVA yesterday - i did the 15 degree rotation of the lens to get the kick up.

the examiner kind of tilted his head and said the lenses were at a funny angle.
i told him thats because they were originally bike lights and throw a flat beam and i rotated them to give it the kickup to the left.

his response: you are aloud a flat beam! so they would of passed without the mod.

they did however pass with the rotated lenses so can confirm that they will go through SVA "
From Dan, above

That is excellent news & interesting he's saying they would pass without modification.
As regards anyone still wishing to get involved with the group buy, I will be putting in at least one more batch order so mail/u2u me if you want to get on board.
Westy Turbo, did you want some sent to Greece by any chance??? You have u2u

[Edited on 6/9/08 by russbost]

Benzine - 8/9/08 at 02:37 PM

Lights arrived today. Many thanks!

Mark G - 16/9/08 at 09:20 PM

Hi all,

Forgive me for sounding dim (excuse the pun) but to save me working it out can anyone tell me what each of the wires to the lights do please?

Black
Brown
Blue
White
Green

Cheers
Mark.

bigfoot4616 - 18/9/08 at 06:43 PM

black and brown are side light

green is headlight earth
carnt remember which way round the other two are, its written down in my garage so i can let you know tomorrow night if you still dont know

Mark G - 18/9/08 at 08:44 PM

No need, I hooked up my 12v drill battery to the lights yesterday to work it out, Cheers anyway and also thanks to Russbost for the u2u.

Hugh_ - 10/11/08 at 07:51 PM

Any chance there are still any of these available? Or anyone had a change or heart?