Board logo

Haynes Roadster forum
snapper - 28/11/12 at 12:26 PM

Is it just me or has the Haynes Roadster forum been hacked?

Ben_Copeland - 28/11/12 at 12:35 PM

Spammed.

You need the password to access the main forums which is in the sticky at the top for each section

Talon Motorsport - 3/12/12 at 12:33 PM

Has any body got an idea what is going on the Haynes forum now? It was working all be it with masses of spam being posted but it was still there now I can't even open it, is it just me or are there other Haynes refugee's wondering what is going on?

shh120m - 3/12/12 at 12:58 PM

its not there for me either phil, looks like its been pulled to update?

will_08 - 3/12/12 at 05:30 PM

Heres hoping its just down for an update!

Dualist - 3/12/12 at 06:55 PM

I'm hoping for an update, VB 4 or above is a pig to set up.

jps - 3/12/12 at 07:04 PM

Like wise phil, just checked it and it appears to have disappeared... hope it gets retrieved as it was a good resource

bonzoronnie - 3/12/12 at 07:48 PM

The lights went out at about 11.15am this morning.

All Haynes forum members are more than welcome to stay in touch with each other on my domain.

www.bonzoronnie.com/forum

phil clegg - 26/1/13 at 05:26 PM

i have been unable to use forum for quite a while,tried to rejoin as someone else no joy,its pants,,,,,

40inches - 26/1/13 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by phil clegg
i have been unable to use forum for quite a while,tried to rejoin as someone else no joy,its pants,,,,,

Same here, shame really

big_wasa - 26/1/13 at 06:54 PM

Logs in fine for me but there is very litte trafic on there.

chillis - 26/1/13 at 07:18 PM

Working now but I agree after the spamming episode before Xmas the traffic on there has dropped off. Haynes roadster building in general seems to have slowed down over the last 6 months.

Not Anumber - 30/1/13 at 06:02 PM

The Haynes Roadster forums are both alive and well and Roadsters are certainly being built. Its just that things do slow down a bit over the coldest parts of the winter (except for the minority of people lucky enough to have centrally heated garages).

To deal with the problems of being spammed the moderators had to tighten up the registration process for new members.

For those who have been unable to register on the main Haynes run Roadster forum they are assured of a warm welcome on the alternative Roadster forum: http://www.roadster-builders.co.uk/forum/. Lots going on at the moment with regard to MX5 donors, bodywork etc. All good stuff IMHO