Board logo

Saturn MX5 Build Guide - are all the bugs ironed out in Rev3?
adrianreeve - 7/5/19 at 06:56 PM

Just getting back into this after selling my Sierra based Roadster a few years back. Now going to use an MX5, pick the donor up on Friday. I plan to build a Saturn based chassis I think, but going through various threads, some of which are quite old, has raised a few concerns. Several threads talk about wishbone lengths and geometry being wrong, but not sure if these threads refer to early versions of the plans. I’ve downloaded Rev 3 to read through, are these corrected, or are there still issues?

Thanks

Adrian

Slimy38 - 7/5/19 at 08:47 PM

In a word, no. Even rev 3 (which is basically the most complete plans) still had some crucial measurements missing. I had a lot of work to do for the rear suspension, although part of that was self inflicted as I didn't use an MX5 diff as it is.

Don't let it put you off though, I still found it to be the second most useful source of information (after the 'build your car on a budget' book).

Mazdaboy - 26/8/19 at 12:27 PM

Do you have a set of MX5 engine/gbox chassis plans you can share mate please? All links seem to be broken for the ones Ive found

Cheers