Board logo

mot due soon
blakep82 - 28/7/11 at 12:49 PM

why is it you get a reminder every time your tax is due, even though the dat eis clearly shown on the front of the car, yet you don't get a reminder about your MOT, when if you're anything like me, you don't know where the paperwork is? i know its soon...

mightybubble - 28/7/11 at 12:55 PM

i get a reminder every year from MOTEST. cant fault them either.

loggyboy - 28/7/11 at 01:15 PM

If you have your V5C but still cant find the MoT cert, you can check online:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_10020539

steve m - 28/7/11 at 04:37 PM

Funny, as we had this discussion at about 0400 at work this morning, as one colleague had been driving for over a month with out an MOT,

COREdevelopments - 28/7/11 at 06:42 PM

The clue is in the first part of your sentence, TAX. Mot makes the government no money at all unlike car tax. There is a reminder system that vosa use but it reminds you by text and guess what? It cost about £1.50! It will say on a new MOT certificate. However some garages do their own reminder system to get you back next year.

atb

Rob

pgtips - 28/7/11 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by COREdevelopments
The clue is in the first part of your sentence, TAX. Mot makes the government no money at all unlike car tax. There is a reminder system that vosa use but it reminds you by text and guess what? It cost about £1.50! It will say on a new MOT certificate. However some garages do their own reminder system to get you back next year.

atb

Rob

Yep we send reminders a month before our customers MOT expires..........no no to get them back.....because they will come back anyway......but I feel that is our customer service and our duty to remind them. But still having people ring two days before there MOT expires despite they had our letter