Board logo

Courier help needed
handyandy - 24/2/12 at 11:19 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good courier ?

I need to transport an engine ( on a pallet ) from the Taunton area to Stockton on Tees.
Engine weighs approx 90kgs plus a few kgs for the pallet I suppose.

cheers
Andy

thefreak - 24/2/12 at 11:29 AM

Interparcel do pallet shipping. Very reasonable as well

twybrow - 24/2/12 at 11:30 AM

Try shiply.co.uk - yu place your requirements, and people bid on your job. If you hold out, yuou seem to end with very competitive prices!

gavin174 - 24/2/12 at 11:32 AM

I have used parcel2go

had good results and bad to be honest.....

thefreak - 24/2/12 at 11:34 AM

I used to use P2G but their service went majorly downhill at the end of last year, so stopped.
For normal parcels I use the Interparcel Economy/Standard service. They use UPS as a courier and even let you specify a collection time. Same price as P2G as well.

handyandy - 24/2/12 at 11:36 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I,ll get some quotes from them all,

One question tho............as its on a pallet, do they expect a fork lift to offload at the delivery address ? its my home so no fork lift etc .

Guess who needs to change a broken engine weeks before my IVA test , this car is determined to test my patience

cheers
andy

Stott - 24/2/12 at 11:36 AM

I thought shiply prices looked ok until I read the "plus shiply auction fee of £xxx"

That bumps it up to the same as everyone else

National pallets would do it on 48hr for about £50

trextr7monkey - 24/2/12 at 04:37 PM

Try www.parcelmonkey they have been verygood for large bulky stuff and sets of wheels etc whichparcel 2 go seem to lose
atb
mike

stevegough - 24/2/12 at 05:40 PM

I used ETS - as I remember they charged me £65 for my redtop - but that was a couple of years ago.

Couldn't fault the service, though.

PALLET DELIVERY FAST FREIGHT COURIER - NEXT DAY, ECONOMY TRANSPORT ENGINE | eBay

[Edited on 24/2/12 by stevegough]