Board logo

It's Le Mans time again...
TimEllershaw - 13/6/12 at 04:18 PM

We're not going this year, but that doesn't mean we can't listen to John Hindhaugh on Radio Le Mans :

Le Clicke

nick205 - 13/6/12 at 04:31 PM

Packed and ready to go here

TimEllershaw - 13/6/12 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Packed and ready to go here

Excellent
...hope you have a good time.

( I'm trying not to feel jealous )

jollygreengiant - 13/6/12 at 04:38 PM

I was speaking to a customer this morning who's Husband works for Toyata Racing and is at Le mans this year. They live in Germany and he is at Le mans at the mo. She was visiting some friends before trying to join him for the weekend. Apparently she recons its even wetter there than it is here.

theconrodkid - 13/6/12 at 05:22 PM

all packed and waiting for the morning
on th 06-00 train

lewis - 13/6/12 at 05:30 PM

Leaving on the ferry @ 9am tommrow morning from Portsmouth. First time,can't wait.

gaz_gaz - 13/6/12 at 05:46 PM

Heading over tomorrow for the first time...
Whole trip paid for by work thanks Mr Hewland!!

Liam - 13/6/12 at 08:57 PM

I'll be there! Last time was 2003 when Bently won .

Not sure who to support this year - it's all diesels and hybrids and things that run on parsley these days, aint it?

Sure it'll be a laugh though.

theconrodkid - 14/6/12 at 01:42 AM

is that the time see you all in a week

nick205 - 15/6/12 at 12:46 AM

still awake, waiting for the off. 07:00 ferry from Pompey

GRRR - 17/6/12 at 06:21 PM

Watched Le Mans on Eurosport's excellent HD coverage, wow I'm converted! Never saw the fuss before but loved it, excellent racing and some of the cars are such awesome looking pieces of engineering. Audi clean sweep was a bit annoying but lots of action regardless, much of which came from Audi themselves!

I really want to go next year. You guys who went, did you go with mates? Or organised through car clubs/forum groups/magazine such as Evo etc?

daniel mason - 17/6/12 at 06:42 PM

bit of a shame about antony davidson. glad hes not too badly hurt!

mangogrooveworkshop - 19/6/12 at 09:46 AM

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=643_1339873095

cheezy peeps they fly far

lewis - 19/6/12 at 09:55 AM

Got back last night,had a great time & talking about best year already racing was great & great party atmosphere

mangogrooveworkshop - 19/6/12 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lewis
Got back last night,had a great time & talking about best year already racing was great & great party atmosphere

going next year

lewis - 19/6/12 at 10:27 AM

Stayed with travel destinations @ Porsche curves,secure camping & great facility's (private shower/toilets,beer marquee/big screens food ect) watched the football too great atmosphere,would book there again & can recommend them as some of the other campsites were just awful,lots of horror stories on pistonheads.

b3ngy - 20/6/12 at 04:33 PM

I stayed in bleu nord, opposite the reverse bungee ride but on the outside of the circuit. Had a great time, 7 of us went. Campsite was good although they could have done with more toilets/showers however they were kept very clean.

Did anyone go into le mans town for the drivers parade??

Will be booking up for next year for sure, missed the last two years due to work commitments

nick205 - 21/6/12 at 07:46 AM

Also stayed in Bleu Nord, good site and easy in/out as well.

Just about recovered sleep wise and hangover wise

Already looking at booking for 2013 with more people and a bigger camping pitch.

Some very impressive camping efforts around. One bunch near us had a 3 piece suite under their gazebo of which the sofa was a sofa bed (they did leave it there when they left though).

b3ngy - 21/6/12 at 08:29 AM

I didnt get back until 8pm on monday and was then in work first thing tuesday, needless to say it has taken me a couple of days to catch up on sleep!
Yes there were some great efforts! The guys with the 3 piece suite, were they the ones who turned up in 7.5 tonne lorry??
We managed to build a fairly big beer mountain that used 3 tubes of gripfill!!