Board logo

Buying from Summit?
coozer - 12/1/15 at 09:34 PM

Anyone bought any bits from Summit Racing in the good old Us of A?

Want a cam for my V8 and they are by far the cheapest for the Crower 50229!

Cant find any info on international shipping on their webby and thought I would ask here before I try and contact them.

richardm6994 - 12/1/15 at 09:46 PM

I have.....got my exhaust cans from them.

No problems as such, I just got an unsuspecting surprise when they arrived and I had to pay the UPS man another £60 for import tax or whatever it was.....

[Edited on 12/1/15 by richardm6994]

slingshot2000 - 12/1/15 at 09:46 PM

Hi Steve,
it may be worth asking this on the mig-welding forum. I think there is someone over on that site that orders from Summit every wee. It may be Langy? Not certain, but surely worth asking.
Regards
Jon

loggyboy - 12/1/15 at 10:47 PM

My dad orders from them, but does it when he holidays out there and sends to their apartment. If It was lighter item i would have offered a collection/import as they go out again in a couple of months.

SpencerP - 13/1/15 at 01:00 AM

I live in USA now and often buy stuff at summit. I may be able to help you out?

Ivan - 13/1/15 at 07:15 AM

Have bought from Summit in the past with delivery to South Africa - here you have to pay duty and VAT on such purchases. Also cost of postage is heavy but otherwise never had any problems.

ashg - 13/1/15 at 07:22 AM

As of next week I will live about 20mins from the Atlanta one.

I have been in there before and got bits to bring back to the UK.

If you wait a couple of weeks you can send it to my us address and I can forward it on as a dog bone to save some import tax. Local tax is 6% on top of the prices on the site.

Benzine - 13/1/15 at 09:31 AM

I always read it in an Lincs/Notts/Leics way as "something racing"

"Aye up me owd, you want to buy summut from summit, duck?"