Board logo

DAB radio upgrade
Dopdog - 3/6/15 at 04:16 PM

HI,
does anyone have any info on dab radios or modules that i can plug into my car to convert the radio to dab.

I have done a bit of looking but am after a nice easy way to listen to it without all the hassle of loads of wiring.

daniel mason - 3/6/15 at 04:22 PM

Some dab head units are reasonably priced now!

Dopdog - 3/6/15 at 04:27 PM

I have a new mazda 3 and it is all built in, so looking for something just to plug in if possible.

coozer - 3/6/15 at 04:28 PM

I've had a Sony dab radio in my car since about 2001.

It originally came with an aerial that stuck on the inside of the windscreen. Mines been in my last 6 cars and after the first one bought a little bullet aerial and the only hassle is drilling a hole in the roof for it.

You can get dual FM/dab aerials these days but they not cheap..

My satnav also has dab radio that works off a little extending aerial. That's not as good as the head unit in the car which is rock solid all the time.

Macbeast - 3/6/15 at 04:42 PM

Halfords sell adaptors which take DAB and remodulate it onto an FM channel which you then receive on your existing radio.

Simon - 3/6/15 at 08:27 PM

Or, if you have an Aux In socket, get a personal dab (I've got a Pure 1500 thingy) - tune and plug in and hey presto.

ATB

Simon

Danozeman - 3/6/15 at 09:48 PM

Iv got a pure highway. Works by fm transmitter. Works well.

Also at work we fit Autodab unit to cars. they plug inline to the back of the radio and work in a similar way but are controlled by remote or through your stereo controls.