Board logo

Ballistic / Driving Goggles
DapperRob - 7/8/15 at 02:52 PM

"Summer" pt 2 is here and the aeroscreen is on. The idea of a beesting or a stonechip to the eyeball is not appealing.
Talk to me about ballistic / driving goggles? Google reveals prices vary wildly!

Cheers,
R

Davegtst - 7/8/15 at 03:12 PM

I used to use ESS v12 goggles, army issue goggles. I may sell them if they are any good to you.

Vmax1974 - 7/8/15 at 04:03 PM

I have a pair of birdz goggles from my skydiving days interchangable lenses dark yellow and clear so they good for all conditions simlar to these one http://birdzeyewear.com/bald-eagle-kit/

David Jenkins - 7/8/15 at 05:20 PM

This place has a wide range of good glasses & goggles. They also have some that have an insert that takes prescription lenses. There can't be many people who have bifocal goggles like mine!

Gravel and bees are bad, but following a builder's wagon with sand and cement dust blowing off is my pet hate...

DapperRob - 7/8/15 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
I used to use ESS v12 goggles, army issue goggles. I may sell them if they are any good to you.

I'd been eyeing those up. No issues with fogging up? Send me a price by u2u...i definitely interested.

Ta!

rusty nuts - 7/8/15 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vmax1974
I have a pair of birdz goggles from my skydiving days interchangable lenses dark yellow and clear so they good for all conditions simlar to these one http://birdzeyewear.com/bald-eagle-kit/

Things have obviously moved on since my time as a sky god , always used horse racing goggles as did everyone I jumped with

Mr C - 8/8/15 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
This place has a wide range of good glasses & goggles. They also have some that have an insert that takes prescription lenses. There can't be many people who have bifocal goggles like mine!

Gravel and bees are bad, but following a builder's wagon with sand and cement dust blowing off is my pet hate...

TAC 3 glasses /goggle hybrid weapon of choice for the SKCC from the above link, comes with interchangeable lens, arms and strap, also available with polarising lens.

kj - 8/8/15 at 06:38 PM

What about your hair????

Vmax1974 - 8/8/15 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kj
What about your hair????

shave it off and dont worry about it

Mr C - 8/8/15 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kj
What about your hair????

What hair?..

Beanie type hat is fav.. Can use a crash helmet for mile munching, motorways etc. V2 range, good value and popular.

kj - 8/8/15 at 07:34 PM

Always a full face crash helmet, lost my last hat 😯

Hodor - 8/8/15 at 11:47 PM

I got a couple pairs of these safety glasses from screwfix and they work great. Foam lined so the wind stays out your eyes. Cheap too at £12. The strap is optional.