Board logo

Lewis or Rosberg
Huttojb - 13/11/16 at 03:04 PM

F1 - Lewis or Rosberg

sdh2903 - 13/11/16 at 03:54 PM

Depends what your asking?

Who do I dislike the most? Rosberg just
Who is the better driver? Undoubtedly Hamilton
Who will win today? Hamilton or verstappen.
Who will win the championship? Rosberg due to his cars better reliability and he only has to follow Lewis home in both races.

britishtrident - 13/11/16 at 04:05 PM

Rosberg has been getting booed on everytime on the podium recently. At least Lewis has his head in the right place at the moment.

coozer - 13/11/16 at 04:09 PM

You forgot the 'who cares' button.

Huttojb - 13/11/16 at 04:09 PM

Question is open!

Rosberg is asking how Lewis has his break balance!!! Lewis is far better driver and only behind due to reliability, whilst I think this is part of the sport is unlucky.

I'm Lewis all the way.

steve m - 13/11/16 at 05:03 PM

Im with lewis, but as its a German team, and Rosberg in the lead, Championship wise, the team will ensure Rosberg wins

I expect Lewis's pitstop to be a disaster when some one forgets to put a wheel nut on properly

Its a good race though !!

britishtrident - 13/11/16 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Im with lewis, but as its a German team, and Rosberg in the lead, Championship wise, the team will ensure Rosberg wins

I expect Lewis's pitstop to be a disaster when some one forgets to put a wheel nut on properly

Niki loyalty to his chosen boy Lewis shows occaisionally also Toto also looks more pleased when Lewis is the one ahead.

StevieB - 13/11/16 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

Niki loyalty to his chosen boy Lewis shows occaisionally also Toto also looks more pleased when Lewis is the one ahead.

Not surprising given the payroll costs, which I think probably command a lot more backing and loyalty these days than being German in a German team will. They'll always back and favour the biggest investment.

daniel mason - 13/11/16 at 07:42 PM

Lewis is on a different level.
2nd only behind Schumacher now on race wins.

sdh2903 - 13/11/16 at 07:45 PM

Without posting the result. What a sensational drive by the guy in 3rd. Probably even better than Jenson in the wet in Canada a few years ago in horrendous conditions.

Best half an hour stint in F1 I think I've seen

daniel mason - 13/11/16 at 08:42 PM

He was close to bending that car pretty badly on more than one occasion

Huttojb - 13/11/16 at 08:51 PM

Max was amazing, the saves he did was in s different level.

This and abu dhabi in 2014 are 2 of the best races I've watched.

Hope Lewis wins Championship!

Yazza54 - 13/11/16 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer

This

blakep82 - 13/11/16 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Yazza54
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

This

Apparently both of you enough spend a few minutes posting...

Lewis for me, but I haven't watched the race, and won't because I'll be in bed soon. Is there 1 race left then? I thought Brazil was last?

Huttojb - 13/11/16 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
Is there 1 race left then? I thought Brazil was last?

Yeah Abu dhabi is final race.

craig1410 - 14/11/16 at 01:05 AM

I'll be rooting for Rosberg simply because I think he deserves to win the championship this year.

Much has been made of the reliability issues suffered by Hamilton (mainly by Hamilton himself...) but anyone who follows F1 knows that this is just part of the sport. I personally think that Rosberg is better at working around gremlins than Hamilton who seems to immediately cry 'conspiracy' and goes into victim mode. I don't think he did himself any favours by essentially accusing the team of sabotaging his car. This is the team that has given him 2 championships and 31 of his 52 race wins. Without Mercedes, Hamilton would have 1 WDC and be perhaps 7th or 8th on the all-time wins list, not 2nd.

Ross Brawn summed it up when he said that Hamilton was better in terms of raw driving talent but Rosberg was more tenacious. I can't say I'm a big fan of Rosberg's personality but I do admire his focus and determination. With Hamilton I recognise his driving talent but he is nowhere near as focussed as he needs to be in order to get the best from that talent. I'm not saying you can't have a life outside of F1 but in any professional sport, you can't afford to give an edge to your opponents the way he sometimes does.

For those in the "don't care" camp, I sympathise. F1 is currently over-regulated and the cars lack excitement. Top drivers like Alonso are crying out for cars which stretch the drivers physically the way they used to. No more fuel saving or tyre saving etc. Just flat out racing. Hopefully we'll get closer to that next year. We also need closer competition between teams to avoid the domination by one team we've seen in recent years. That sort of domination would have been reduced in previous years but the regulation of engine development stopped the other engine manufacturers from catching up.

Finally, I still hold out hope of Alonso getting a decent car from McLaren next year and getting one more crack at a championship. I think that has to happen next year or possibly 2018 but after that I think the baton will be firmly in the hands of Ricciardo and Verstappen. Vettel has been shown to be a bit 'ordinary' I would say this year and I'll bet he's regretting moving away from Red Bull now. Ferrari are a shambles and for the first time in Alonso's career, I think he made a good move getting out of there!

adithorp - 14/11/16 at 08:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Without posting the result. What a sensational drive by the guy in 3rd. Probably even better than Jenson in the wet in Canada a few years ago in horrendous conditions.

Best half an hour stint in F1 I think I've seen

Think that has to go to Senna in Monaco in an uncompetitive car... followed by Button (he did win). This was impressive though. Hamilton had to be good as well. Despite the conditions there was nothing for the TV to show of him apart from the restarts... Those conditions and no near misses worth showing?

sdh2903 - 14/11/16 at 09:30 AM

Sadly senna was before my time, I was 10 when he died and was just starting to get into the sport, I have seen highlights of his Monaco heroics though.

Yes canada was epic (literally about half a day long) and probably my favourite race of the recent years, mainly because it was Jenson (who definitely sounds like he can't wait for retirement) and the fact the dominant vettel fell off the road.

I just think that the conditions yesterday were worse than Canada, which was nearly dry by the end and taking into account all the highly experienced drivers falling off the track, that stint by Max to come from near the back in such a short time was very special. If only there were another 10 laps left after he got to 3rd.......

adithorp - 14/11/16 at 10:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Sadly senna was before my time, I was 10 when he died and was just starting to get into the sport, I have seen highlights of his Monaco heroics though.

Just imagine him doing what he did yesterday... but in a Manor. Talking of which, I think Ocon had a great drive yesterday. We'll be seeing more of him in the next few years.

snapper - 14/11/16 at 04:47 PM

Lewis must win
Rosburg only needs 3rd
At least there will some excitement in the last race.

Did you not think that they were trying realy hard to get the Brazil race past half distance so the full points counted?

loggyboy - 14/11/16 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Lewis must win
Rosburg only needs 3rd
At least there will some excitement in the last race.

Did you not think that they were trying realy hard to get the Brazil race past half distance so the full points counted?

Theres been plenty of excitment already! Sundays race was a cherry on the cake!

I think they were trying hard to upset the one the biggest most enthusiastic crowds F1 has.

02GF74 - 14/11/16 at 05:38 PM

Rosberg wilk win.

This is what will happen.
Hamilton get pole and leads. Rosberg gets in front when hamilton changes tyres. Hamilton tries overtakes but gets shunted off the track by rosberg. Job done, new wold champ.

loggyboy - 14/11/16 at 05:54 PM

Reality - Sadly it will be more mundane - Hamilton Pole and Win, Rosberg 2nd and championship - little to no drama

My Hope - Rosberg fluffs start, gest swamped by redbulls, has ding dong battle with verstappen, either gets punted off by him or finishes 4th behind him and riciardo. Also - massive crash for vettel, unharmed, but leaving him with no reason to return to f1 has he hurt his vagina on crotch straps.

morcus - 14/11/16 at 06:35 PM

I think Rosberg will win by finishing second behind Hamilton and I would agree he got lucky and that Hamilton is the better driver but I do feel the media and fans are very harsh on Rosberg.

From a marketing perspective I think the team would rather have Hamilton win but I don't think they would interfere.

Brazil was amazing though I was rather hoping Verstappen would split the mercs to make the last race more exciting as rosberg basically just has to not crash in a place where it doesn't rain.

I'm sure theres a thread on here somewhere complaining about Vettel winning all the time and someone saying we wouldn't be moaning if it was a British guy, this season has kind of proved that.

Huttojb - 27/11/16 at 08:49 AM

Come on Lewis, back Rosberg into Max and Ric. Control the pace and hope the Redbulls or Ferrari's swamp Rosberg.

CosKev3 - 27/11/16 at 10:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Huttojb
Come on Lewis, back Rosberg into Max and Ric. Control the pace and hope the Redbulls or Ferrari's swamp Rosberg.

DRS will spoil that plan surely?

chillis - 27/11/16 at 03:37 PM

Lewis is definitely the more talented driver very Senna-esq, but its been Rosborgs championship to lose almost all year. As for the luck argument, every champion needs a little bit of luck to go their way.
Rosberg has come out on top in the longest season to date, no easy feat.

02GF74 - 27/11/16 at 05:46 PM

Not the result i wanted but fairplay to nico. He was nipping at hamiltons heels last season, a huge amount of talent, an even bigget desire to win and some luck the title went his way.

sdh2903 - 27/11/16 at 06:27 PM

I'd say it's more than a bit of luck. I'm not a massive Hamilton fan as I find him a bit of a nob ( but hugely talented ) but he's been robbed of an absolute minimum of 40 points this season on pure reliability issues that rosberg has not. That's more than a bit. All being equal with the mercs Hamilton would have been champion by 50 points.

Rosberg had the most points at the end so he'll go down in the books as champion. But it will always be remembered as the title Hamilton lost rather than the one that rosberg won. All IMHO of course

Huttojb - 27/11/16 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:

I called it!!! Lol

steve m - 27/11/16 at 09:31 PM

It wasn't a bad race, and the end result, was right, but the last few laps had the opportunity of being very different, until Max's tyres went off, and then Sebs attack was just a little too late

steve

CosKev3 - 28/11/16 at 12:23 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:

I called it!!! Lol

But it didn't work!!!

morcus - 28/11/16 at 07:59 PM

Its good to know Lewis isn't just mucking about when he's on his phones in interviews. clearly he's looking for tips.

Did Sebastian Slow down a bit to let his fellow German win, Like Shuey did for Seb back in 2012 to take 6th place and win the championship?

BenB - 28/11/16 at 09:46 PM

It feels like a forced result. What's with the changing pit crews, the last lap messages, the engine failures. It's almost like Merc went out of their way to have a different champ this year.......

Some of the above may be conspiracy theory stuff but the last lap radio messages to Lewis were way OTT. Merc had won the constructors FFS! Let them race- it's not as if Rosberg is squeeky clean!! Can't wait to read that book Lewis is talking about....

Rosberg can win from the front. It's only Lewis's engine failure that let him win. End of. Lewis is the better racer. Nico is just reliable by virtue of being boring! Can't overtake for mustard.

russbost - 29/11/16 at 10:43 AM

Already posted this on FB, but, I have to ask, instead of whinging about Hamilton going too slow & backing him up into the pack, I suspect a real World Champion might have actually attempted to pass the bloke in front who was going really slowly, after all if they came together, Nico was still going to be champ (chump?) anyway!