Board logo

I know it,s the stun but ....
theconrodkid - 17/11/18 at 08:54 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7761647/guy-martin-charged-fake-licence/

shindha - 17/11/18 at 10:37 AM

I think they should give him a honorary one they give thick people honorary degrees and the way he can ride a bike he should be made a driving god.

theconrodkid - 17/11/18 at 11:12 AM

in a lot of people,s eyes, he is a god already...mine included.

JacksAvon - 18/11/18 at 03:03 PM

DVLA are not know for their accuracy.

Ask numerous people who, when renewing their licence, have found several categories missing from their new licence.

Or, have returned to them a provisional licence despite them having passed their test and holding a full licence.

In response to a Freedom of Information act request, DVLA stated.....
"Our most recent estimate of t he percentage of driver records that are correct in every respect is 73.82 %."

Well, that is ok then.............

I had to take lesson and my test all over again because these wazzooks refused to believe I had a full car icence despite giving them the licence number.

Planks

[Edited on 033030p://0420 by JacksAvon]

big_wasa - 18/11/18 at 06:10 PM

I was told last week you only have a few days to rectify there cock Ups before it’s tuff luck and you have to retake.

JacksAvon - 18/11/18 at 06:44 PM

DVLA Gits

nick205 - 19/11/18 at 09:35 AM

From personal experience (had to hand my driving licence back to the the DVLA 4 years ago due to epilepsy and now report each individual seizure to the DVLA using their FEP1 form) I personally find the DVLA slow to react and their responses often inaccurate. I send any communication to them in writing using the "Signed Receipt" service to ensure they receive it.

In this story it seems likely to me they've made an error. If they have their correction of the error (if it is an error) will not be quick and they're unlikely to apologise for it.

theduck - 20/11/18 at 11:08 AM

Would an error really go as far as prosecuting him?