Board logo

Supercar drive day
Dingz - 12/9/19 at 07:51 PM

I was given a gift token for a supercar drive day and i'm going on saturday, I just realised they sent me an email about taking out an insurance 'deal?' to cover any accidents, I was supposed to reply a week ago but needless to say I didn't. I'm sure a few people on here have done one so what did you do?
Thanks

40inches - 12/9/19 at 08:12 PM

I drove a GT40, so thought it wise to take out the insurance
You should be able to pay for it on the day?

perksy - 12/9/19 at 08:31 PM

Wife did an Aston Martin experience and we took the waiver out on the day

Spoke to one of the instructors and he mentioned a lady had clipped the pit wall on the way out and didn't have the waiver, but they had her credit card details for the excess

big-vee-twin - 12/9/19 at 08:33 PM

You usually pay for it when you get there.

I drove a twin turbo 480hp Camero and a 1965 Mustang

ianhurley20 - 12/9/19 at 08:55 PM

On my day the excess was £1500 driving 4 cars Porche Carrera 4, Ferrari thing? DB9 and a Lambo - I took the waiver - nothing happened but could have gone wrong (did terrify the 'instructor' in the Ferrari drifing it in the corners though :-)

roadrunner - 12/9/19 at 09:04 PM

I've done a couple and never had the insurance.
Just dont crash em. ;-)

PorkChop - 12/9/19 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
I've done a couple and never had the insurance.
Just dont crash em. ;-)

If the OP is doing it with someone like Car Chase Heroes, then you need to prove you have a daft amount of money for the excess (5 grand rings a bell) before signing you on.

Dingz - 12/9/19 at 09:49 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Dingz - 15/9/19 at 11:43 AM

Took out insurance on the day in the end, it was great fun with relaxed instructors. Drove Aston vantage and Lamborghini! 2 of the instructors were girls from the W series, but I just got older bearded men.

roadrunner - 15/9/19 at 01:34 PM

Glad you enjoyed it. You always get the rough with the smooth. ;-)