Board logo

Total win
Mr Whippy - 28/10/20 at 10:41 PM

Today is a good day...

My sisters ex-boyfriend who moved out (kicked out after cheating on her) but left behind masses of tools, boxes & filing cabinets full of stuff like carbs & gauges, classic radios, bumpers, car hoods & frames, a proper engine crane, so much stuff Has just said to my sister, he now doesn't want any off it (due to his new partner having a teeny tiny garage) and it's now all mine

Gumtree watch out...

Edwardo - 28/10/20 at 11:11 PM

Nice one! Any decent bits and bobs you'll be keeping for yourself?

bi22le - 29/10/20 at 12:03 AM

A shame. Apart from being a total cheating scumbag your sister had good taste in men!

I'm always jealous of people who find neighbors, sibling partners etc to buddy up with. Neither my dad, brother, neighbor, colleagues or many of my friends are into cars.

I'm such a solo car nut and will be one of those sad people that start racing but have to do a one person mandate driver swap dance mid race!!

Mr Whippy - 29/10/20 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Edwardo
Nice one! Any decent bits and bobs you'll be keeping for yourself?

Yeah there's a lot tools, spanners, socket sets, a compressor and air tools I'll be keeping but I can't keep it all as even I don't have that much room!

The engine crane will be getting sold, I've used it myself in the past but would rather have the cash tbh

snapper - 29/10/20 at 10:52 AM

“Gumtree watch out...“

List here first please, I have lots of tools and lots of space and am always on the lookout for tools and stuff.
Will consider anything but also looking for welder and compressor.

Stuart Walker - 29/10/20 at 11:58 AM

Total win indeed! Reminds me, we're moving soon and didn't realise till after we'd bought the house that there's a pit, a big workbench and a bench grinder and pillar drill which are apparently being left... There were a couple of type 9 gearboxes in the corner which I've got my fingers crossed might have stayed too

jps - 29/10/20 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
“Gumtree watch out...“

List here first please, I have lots of tools and lots of space and am always on the lookout for tools and stuff.
Will consider anything but also looking for welder and compressor.

And we might be able to split postage and buy in bulk! I'd be interested in seeing what was available...

David Jenkins - 29/10/20 at 05:52 PM

The vultures are circling overhead...

nick205 - 30/10/20 at 09:41 AM

He sounds less than good news for your sister, but seems to have left some good things behind. Shame you're the other end of the UK or I'd be round to have a look and see what's there and available!