Board logo

9th Sept Oulton Park
laptoprob - 29/8/14 at 05:55 PM

Just booked today along with another kit, wondered if anyone else is going off here?

[Edited on 29/8/14 by laptoprob]

bigfoot4616 - 29/8/14 at 06:09 PM

i'm there on the 9th along with a few others.

laptoprob - 29/8/14 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
i'm there on the 9th along with a few others.

Happy days, will keep my eyes peeled for you and pray for good weather

Andy D - 29/8/14 at 06:54 PM

Is it the 8th or the 9th Rob? We're there on Tuesday 9th.

laptoprob - 29/8/14 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
Is it the 8th or the 9th Rob? We're there on Tuesday 9th.

Brilliant Andy, im there on the 9th(not the 8th as per previous heading lol) Not seen you since last year at Blyton

danny keenan - 30/8/14 at 07:27 AM

Who's the Trackday with.i will book on with my new MK Contour as there's no trackdays at cadwell before the 13th

Thanks Danny

Andy D - 30/8/14 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by danny keenan
Who's the Trackday with.i will book on with my new MK Contour as there's no trackdays at cadwell before the 13th

Thanks Danny

Its an MSV day Danny.

Andy D - 30/8/14 at 07:34 AM

quote:

Just booked today along with another kit, wondered if anyone else is going off here?

What's the other kit entered?

As far as I know we have entered:

Bigfoot, R1 Striker
Rob, VX Tiger
Mike VX Westy
Stoney Zetec Westy
Steve H SC Duratec Westy or SC pug 106
Me Pinto Westy

adithorp - 30/8/14 at 07:55 AM

I'd would've looked at that but I'll be on my way home from 2 days at Zolder.

laptoprob - 30/8/14 at 05:52 PM

quote:
quote:

What's the other kit entered?

As far as I know we have entered:

Bigfoot, R1 Striker
Rob, VX Tiger
Mike VX Westy
Stoney Zetec Westy
Me Pinto Westy
Grayme C20LET Mac1

Edited

laptoprob - 30/8/14 at 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

Very jealous Adi, hope to catch you at Donnington tomorrow??

adithorp - 30/8/14 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by laptoprob
quote:

Sorry mate, went today.

laptoprob - 30/8/14 at 08:21 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry mate, went today.

See you on the 18th then mate.

The Black Flash - 2/9/14 at 10:24 PM

Only just seen this section. I'll be there, it'll be my first track day so I'll be taking it easy and trying to learn

Andy, v6 Dax Rush

Andy D - 3/9/14 at 06:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Black Flash
Only just seen this section. I'll be there, it'll be my first track day so I'll be taking it easy and trying to learn

Andy, v6 Dax Rush

Alfa V6? ... I'll listen out for you!

Updated list:

Bigfoot, R1 Striker
Rob, VX Tiger
Mike VX Westy
Stoney Zetec Westy
Me Pinto Westy
Grayme C20LET Mac1
Andy V6 Dax Rush

laptoprob - 7/9/14 at 10:15 AM

quote:
quote:

Andy, v6 Dax Rush

Alfa V6? ... I'll listen out for you!

Updated list:

Bigfoot, R1 Striker
Rob, VX Tiger
Mike VX Westy
Stoney Zetec Westy
Me Pinto Westy
Grayme C20LET Mac1
Andy V6 Dax Rush

Wow, great to see so many of the guys off here going, should be a great day

Andy D - 7/9/14 at 03:47 PM

Weather's looking like it's going to behave, not been to Oulton for a couple of years, looking forward to it.

yellowcab - 7/9/14 at 04:02 PM

Poxy work getting in the way of me having fun - would have been a good shakedown before Cadwell next weekend

bigfoot4616 - 7/9/14 at 04:07 PM

quote:
not been to Oulton for a couple of years, looking forward to it.

had a look earlier, june 2012 when i was last there. i think it was the same time you where there?

got them front slicks fitted yesterday and the accusump still seems to be behaving so i think i'm good to go.

do you want to meet up at J36 on the M6 on tuesday morning? i use less fuel following you

laptoprob - 7/9/14 at 05:11 PM

quote:

got them front slicks fitted yesterday and the accusump still seems to be behaving so i think i'm good to go.

Ive emptied my Accusump as it never seems to work correctly when im on track. I'll bring some extra oil and you can educate me on how to fill it if thats ok?

Andy D - 7/9/14 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
Poxy work getting in the way of me having fun - would have been a good shakedown before Cadwell next weekend

You know what they say.. all work and no play makes Olly a slow boy.. or something like that..

Andy D - 7/9/14 at 06:00 PM

quote:
quote:
not been to Oulton for a couple of years, looking forward to it.

had a look earlier, june 2012 when i was last there. i think it was the same time you where there?

do you want to meet up at J36 on the M6 on tuesday morning? i use less fuel following you

Yes, the one I did with you in 2012 was my last visit.

I'll let you know what I'm doing, re meeting up.

bigfoot4616 - 7/9/14 at 06:26 PM

quote:
quote:

Ive emptied my Accusump as it never seems to work correctly when im on track. I'll bring some extra oil and you can educate me on how to fill it if thats ok?

nothing special on how to fill it, put extra oil in the engine and it should just fill itself.
i've had a few issues with mine so do know a bit about how they work with the different valves so can have a look at yours on the day.

WTF, how do i get my text back to normal

[Edited on 7/9/14 by bigfoot4616]

The Black Flash - 7/9/14 at 09:19 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

nothing special on how to fill it, put extra oil in the engine and it should just fill itself.
i've had a few issues with mine so do know a bit about how they work with the different valves so can have a look at yours on the day.

WTF, how do i get my text back to normal

[Edited on 7/9/14 by bigfoot4616]

You were missing an [ / i ] (without the spaces in between) after "originally posted by bigfoot"

So I've got my licence, 2x 25L jerry cans, a toolbox, car cover just in case, support car (the missus!) a foot pump, waterproofs, various cameras and lots of drinks. I've checked the car over to make sure that nothing is loose, checked fluids etc. Anything else I should take?

Andy D - 8/9/14 at 07:16 AM

quote:

So I've got my licence, 2x 25L jerry cans, a toolbox, car cover just in case, support car (the missus!) a foot pump, waterproofs, various cameras and lots of drinks. I've checked the car over to make sure that nothing is loose, checked fluids etc. Anything else I should take?

Crash helmet? .. you've got it all pretty much covered there. If you get stuck for anything, usually there's someone else in the paddock that can help.

bigfoot4616 - 8/9/14 at 05:27 PM

quote:

You were missing an [ / i ] (without the spaces in between) after "originally posted by bigfoot"

cheers

must of been something to do with when i qouted laptoprob

The Black Flash - 8/9/14 at 08:39 PM

quote:
quote:

Crash helmet? .. you've got it all pretty much covered there. If you get stuck for anything, usually there's someone else in the paddock that can help.

Oh yeah Got that, plus warm clothes for the drive down...feels like a chilly one tonight!
Coulda done without having to drive to london and back today for work though...only just got back

laptoprob - 8/9/14 at 09:01 PM

quote:

Number one rule....dont forget ya license like i always do

The Black Flash - 9/9/14 at 06:35 PM

Unfortunately I forgot the bit about "not breaking down on the way there". Leaking rocker cover = clouds of oil smoke and oil all down the side of the car. Fortunately nothing caught fire but it ended my day before it began. <bad words>
Hope everyone else had a good time though.

bigfoot4616 - 9/9/14 at 07:58 PM

that's a shame, it was a good day.

Andy D - 10/9/14 at 09:54 AM

Superb day yesterday, good weather, good company, spot on!

Between us, my son and I took loads of pics. I've uploaded some of them here:
http://s133.photobucket.com/user/dixonandrew/library/#/user/dixonandrew/library/Oulton%20park%209th%20Sep%202014?sort=3&page=1&_suid=141034182 738100779120133602001

A selection:

laptoprob - 10/9/14 at 05:37 PM

Thanks for the pics Andy and was good to catch up with you again and meet up with Bigfoot.

Agreed it was a great day indeed even though there was a plethora of alternator issues

Hope to see you all again soon.

[Edited on 11/9/14 by laptoprob]

Andy D - 10/9/14 at 07:29 PM

Bit of vid from me, early session chasing a pal in the red zetec car, which sadly expired.

Andy D - 11/9/14 at 06:26 AM

Two more vids, my lad Pete at the helm.

Chasing a supercharged Duratec Westy

And, Bigfoot's Striker

He had to work hard there..