Board logo

RAF Marham trackday
melly-g - 12/4/16 at 09:49 AM

Is anyone interested in a Trackday at RAF Marham in norfolk on the 28th / 29th May?
Details below

http://www.marhamtrackday.co.uk/

I went last year not in my Tiger but had a great day.

Oh and it's all for charity!

Jeano - 12/4/16 at 10:01 AM

Im in Canada would have been perfect. Bargain price to

do they have noise limits there?

Toprivetguns - 12/4/16 at 11:15 AM

Would they be accommodating enough to allow pre-IVA cars on the track?

I'm struggling to find a private road or track and this looks like a really good day.

z2000 - 12/4/16 at 11:47 AM

I wish I could go but sadly I'm away that weekend.

Looks great value and it's for charity...maybe next time

twybrow - 12/4/16 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Toprivetguns

I'm struggling to find a private road or track and this looks like a really good day.

Get to North Weald and do a car skills day. Cheap, no noise issues, no paperwork needed, just arrive and hoon it!

melly-g - 12/4/16 at 12:26 PM

No noise limits, well they didn't test it last time.
No MOT needed we trailered the Puma there as it's track only.

Toprivetguns - 12/4/16 at 02:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
Originally posted by Toprivetguns

Get to North Weald and do a car skills day. Cheap, no noise issues, no paperwork needed, just arrive and hoon it!

Can I ask if you have any contact details ? I asked a few track day companies on the airfield and haven't had much luck.

twybrow - 12/4/16 at 06:59 PM

Car Limits hosts the events. You can book the track as a club or organisation and then sell spaces. I have done it 4 times now with different clubs. The next one showing with space isnt until later in the year....

Jon Ison - 12/4/16 at 08:23 PM

Looks interesting might look to book one of the 2 days, straights look a tad long?

twybrow - 12/4/16 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Looks interesting might look to book one of the 2 days, straights look a tad long?

You will hit just over a ton given where they lay out the cones. It is more like sprinting than a circuit on the days i have done it.

melly-g - 12/4/16 at 09:26 PM

If you mean long straights at Marham then yes they are the longest is about 2 miles!
You should be able to max out down that!

Jon Ison - 12/4/16 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison

You will hit just over a ton given where they lay out the cones. It is more like sprinting than a circuit on the days i have done it.

mmmmm the layout map must be deceiving it looked like the straights might be a tad to long hit limiter at 138.

melly-g - 12/4/16 at 09:33 PM

Do you mean Marham Jon?

Jon Ison - 12/4/16 at 09:50 PM

Yea, wires must be crossed, 2 miles? That's forever

melly-g - 13/4/16 at 05:58 AM

It does seem like forever some times! But when there are 4-5 cars abreast it's good fun.
The straight is 100 meters wide.

mark chandler - 13/4/16 at 08:52 PM

I,m on the Rev limiter at Brands on the Indy circuit, Donnington had to keep easing off so that's a long old straight.