Board logo

Sourcing Stylus parts
J-16 - 14/3/15 at 09:20 AM

Hi,

I'm currently looking for my first kit car and have settled on a Stylus.

I've found a car I'm intersted in but there's a few jobs I'd want to do if I bought it, including:

- Change rear exit exhaust to side exit
- Fit bonnet bulge
- Replace dash
- Possibly re carpet

Is it still possible to source any new parts for the Stylus, ie could I buy a new bonnet & dash or will all parts need to be bought second hand or be custom made?

Thanks,

James

philw - 14/3/15 at 09:30 AM

You need to visit Here and talk to MattD or Stylussprinter

[Edited on 14/3/2015 by philw]

J-16 - 14/3/15 at 10:14 AM

Hi,

Yeah I'm trying to register on the Stylus Club forum but there doesn't seem to be a lot of recent activity.

Thanks

philw - 14/3/15 at 11:24 AM

I can't help there sorry, the forum always went in fits and starts, I haven't used it since I sold mine back in 2010

MattD - 15/3/15 at 04:17 PM

Hi

Have been given a kick via FB, thanks Dave !
Currently on hols for the wife's BDay, but will be back next weekend.

Would be happy to help out on all your Stylus parts & finishing questions..

Drop me an email via the SSC website link.
We will also have a stand at Stoneleigh.

Cheers for now.

Matt.

mark chandler - 15/3/15 at 06:28 PM

With noise limits being enforced these days I would keep the exhaust out the back, the further from the induction tract the better when the meter comes out.

J-16 - 17/3/15 at 05:28 PM

Thanks guys, it was a theoretical question really as I don't yet have a Stylus. Just wanted to know that parts are available and I'm not buying a car which is a nightmare to repair as parts are no longer available.

Out of interest, I had a test drive in a Stylus today (my first run in a kit car) and now I'm absolutely convinced it's the right car for me although unfortunately the particular car I tested wasn't.

Cheers,

James