Board logo

Phoenix body conversion
Hammy360 - 23/9/16 at 03:23 PM

Hi,
Anyone know of any good threads or blogs on doing a body conversion on an existing completed Sylva Striker?

Cheers

jeffw - 23/9/16 at 04:35 PM

Take the Striker body off and put the Phoenix body on...I don't think it is much more difficult than that. I'd speak to RAW.

peter030371 - 23/9/16 at 09:49 PM

You can tell you didn't do yours

I seem to recall that fitting the Fury body took a lot of trial and error and needed two people to lift it on and off many times, my Striker by comparison was easy and a one man job.

gaz_gaz - 24/9/16 at 07:48 AM

It's really easy to do.

Drop the car off with Steve at Fury sportscars and collect it a week later finished.

On my Striker chassis he welded on some out riggers at the sides and a frame at the rear to support the sides and main tub.
The majority of the front bodywork is supported by the front splitter.
On top of that there are a load of alloy panels he made to fill in the wheel arches ect.
We're taking the body off today to mock up for a turbo so I'll try to take pictures of how it's all been done and what fixings and fasteners have been used to secure the body.

Hammy360 - 24/9/16 at 08:05 AM

Cheers gents

tims31 - 24/9/16 at 10:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
It's really easy to do.

Drop the car off with Steve at Fury sportscars and collect it a week later finished.

On my Striker chassis he welded on some out riggers at the sides and a frame at the rear to support the sides and main tub.
The majority of the front bodywork is supported by the front splitter.
On top of that there are a load of alloy panels he made to fill in the wheel arches ect.
We're taking the body off today to mock up for a turbo so I'll try to take pictures of how it's all been done and what fixings and fasteners have been used to secure the body.

Only if you already have the bodywork....otherwise expect to wait a few years