Board logo

Striker hood bar
yogibear1969 - 6/5/20 at 10:01 AM

Has any one got a picture or dimensions of the hood support bar on a Striker?
Edd

obfripper - 6/5/20 at 10:40 AM

I've got one, i'll take some pics and upload them in a bit.

Dave

yogibear1969 - 6/5/20 at 11:06 AM

Thanks
Measurements would be good too, going to try and make one from chromed 15mm copper.
Not sure if raw sell them.
Ed

obfripper - 6/5/20 at 12:56 PM

That should be enough to make a copy, you may need to alter things slightly if your pipe bender uses a different radius.

It originally was 1 piece, and slid into a bracket each side on the inner rear wheel box, i welded a washer on and bolted through the sidepanel so the hood could be folded back without removing the bar.

I also made a steel frame that follows the lip of the body and attaches to the rollbar, and attached that to the hood to that so there are no eyelets or poppers fixed into the bodywork.

Dave

obfripper - 6/5/20 at 01:08 PM

Also the hood was easier to fit when cold with the support being able to pivot, you could just attach the hood to body and screen then wriggle the bar up into position.
I used a strap between the rollbar and loop to keep it in position, left to its own devices it would drop down on you without warning.

It was ridiculously snug 2 up both with helmets on, and the visiblity was not great but i wasn't going to miss a trackday for some rain!

Dave

yogibear1969 - 6/5/20 at 01:25 PM

Thats great thanks, will have a play in time, never bothered with one before and had the hood on for many years.
I fin'd when moving it's all good as the air keeps it inflated, just when stoff/parked get puddles in it. So Ill probably just make a bar for parking..but I may also get carried away and make it for driving too!
Edd

yogibear1969 - 5/6/20 at 05:12 PM

Hi,
Bar made from chromed copper, jsut need to make a hole in body to fit to now!
Thanks for your help, was alot easier than I thought, and then angles/measurements were very helpful.
Edd