Board logo

Selling my car. To MOT or not that is the question....
asl - 18/3/11 at 02:17 PM

Hi all.

I am planning on selling my MK IndyBlade.

It is on a J plate with an 893 engine. Since buying it I have put a quickrack in, changed the diff to a 3.38 put a bigger exhaust on to get it below 98db and put Team Dynamic 1.2 and Toyo888 on.

It is in average condition with about 700 miles .

Looking at pistonheads I suspect I could advertise it for 6900ish if it was MOT and Tax but it is currently SORN with no MOT as I don't drive it over the winter.

The question is is 6900 a fair asking price and how much less would I have to advertise it for if it wasn't MOT'd etc?

Oh, and does anyone want it before I stick it on PH??

Cheers

speedyxjs - 18/3/11 at 02:32 PM

Tbh for the cost of the tax and MOT, id get it done. Will be worth much more. If you can, you'd probably be better waiting till april/may time as it will probably be worth even more then as we might have a day or two of nice weather.

deezee - 18/3/11 at 02:41 PM

If you don't tax or MOT the car, it means the buyer is going to have to muck about with hiring a trailer and having a suitable tow vehicle, to collect the vehicle. Thats going to put a lot of buyers off.

02GF74 - 18/3/11 at 02:44 PM

mot and tax it for sure .... otherwise how can you prove it goes under its own steam?

If you were buying a car, you'd want to see that it can be driven rather than be buyiong an expenisve car-shaped ornament.

asl - 18/3/11 at 02:49 PM

Cool, thanks guys. I will get it done then.

I'm in no rush to sell so will wait until next month. 6900 a good place to start??

will121 - 18/3/11 at 06:01 PM

As generally said above not just the added value of it being taxed and MOTed but will potentially attract more people to come and look so better chance of a sale at a price you want