Board logo

Ever had your 7 abused while parked?
flibble - 25/5/12 at 06:55 PM

I knew it would happen with the influx of chavs over the past few years..
Parked up in town, came back an hour later to find half a kebeb and two milkshakes had been dumped in the car

Just wondered if it's a common thing?

[Edited on 25-5-12 by flibble]

perksy - 25/5/12 at 07:03 PM

8 years of westfields and never had anything like that

There's dickheads everywhere now though so i guess it can always happen

loggyboy - 25/5/12 at 07:05 PM

THere are some wankers out there. Get some CCTV in there.

Westy1994 - 25/5/12 at 07:07 PM

Geez, that is not good, I did have my tintop receive such treatment a few months ago in town - a burger squashed out on the bonnet, but I would never leave the 7 anywhere I could not see it, I know that kind of limits things somewhat .

I think it is a result of jealousy, just because they don't have a nice car, why should you - splat incoming milkshake.......

A cover may be advised in future should you leave it again maybe?.

rusty nuts - 25/5/12 at 07:15 PM

Whereabouts did you park? I've never had any problems parking my car in Cambridge

flibble - 25/5/12 at 07:28 PM

Was in the high st. in Haverhill, more than it's fair share of idiots unfortunatly

johnny chimpo - 25/5/12 at 07:31 PM

Ive only had problems once. I was parked at my mates flat in a communal car park near an area of town thats not the greatest. Looked out the window to find 3 bare chested neds taking photos of the car (not a problem with that its quite common for people to take pics of It). Stood watching them for a minute then two of them decided to jump into it whilst the other one took pictures. I knocked the window and was greeted with a 1 finger salute. So much for respecting other peoples property!!! By the time i got down to the car they were gone, still made my blood boil tho!

SeaBass - 25/5/12 at 07:39 PM

I did come back to find two massive Russians sitting in my tiny Locost in door security getup. They couldn't have been more apologetic. I chatted to them for about half an hour afterwards...

JC

adithorp - 25/5/12 at 07:55 PM

Someone on here came back to thier car a couple of years ago and found David Bellamy sat in it.

Hector.Brocklebank - 25/5/12 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
THere are some wankers out there. Get some CCTV in there.

has someone masturbated over your car then ?

johnwilders - 25/5/12 at 08:07 PM

What worry s me moor than anything is some nob letting off the handbrake when parked on a hill, Make sure your wheels point to the curb with the steering locked.

nige - 25/5/12 at 08:09 PM

^^^^^^^^^^

psmsl

hectors post , der slow again

[Edited on 25/5/12 by nige]

David Jenkins - 25/5/12 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johnwilders
What worry s me moor than anything is some nob letting off the handbrake when parked on a hill, Make sure your wheels point to the curb with the steering locked.

I've got one of those security locks that goes between the handbrake and the gear-lever, to prevent anyone letting off the handbrake...

ali f27 - 25/5/12 at 08:34 PM

when thing like that happen to me i take concillation that the drugs will kill the bastards just whish i could be there to watch them die

edspurrier - 25/5/12 at 08:48 PM

Never had mine abused, but I was once perched next to it with a coffee resting on the boot lid when someone came past and shouted at me "THAT'S SOMEBODY'S PRIDE AND JOY YOU KNOW!"
I thanked her but she told me to take my coffee off the car...

nick205 - 25/5/12 at 08:59 PM

Never had any issues with mine other than people stood around it admiring it. Most people just wanted to ask questions about it and were shocked when I offered them a sit in the drivers seat.

Couple of scooter boys outside the chippy one night were absolutely blown away when I took each or them round the block in it

Xtreme Kermit - 25/5/12 at 09:04 PM

Sounds like you were just unlucky. The only place I've bad a poor reception was in Biggleswade where I bought the car from, nothing physical just shouted abuse. Obviously it was a left over effect from the devious owner and nothing to do with me or my driving style...

Stott - 25/5/12 at 09:15 PM

Had a banana thrown into my z3 in Cardiff before as I was 30 foot away looking at an impreza through a showroom window. Went right in the bit where the dash meets the screen.

Other people having nice things is just too much for some to take, sad fact.

locoboy - 25/5/12 at 09:20 PM

I caught a young kid astride my front cycle wing riding it like a derby winning jockey, the headlight was a makeshift set of reins. When i shouted at him, his fat, tatoo'd, vest clad mother figure gave me an absolutely obscene mouthful of abuse before telling Leonardo/chesney/Brooklyn to come inside!

afj - 26/5/12 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
I caught a young kid astride my front cycle wing riding it like a derby winning jockey, the headlight was a makeshift set of reins. When i shouted at him, his fat, tatoo'd, vest clad mother figure gave me an absolutely obscene mouthful of abuse before telling Leonardo/chesney/Brooklyn to come inside!

lol

INDY BIRD - 26/5/12 at 07:45 AM

Dont even park my tin top in havierhill at night, not the best place in the world, sorry if you live there,

Been there at night and it is full of some idiots,

I live about 10 miles from there and only venture if needed,

But got to say parked my car in a pub once and found they used my car as an ashtray nice, also had a kit car hit in a car park and they left it with lots of rear damage, scum,

flibble - 26/5/12 at 07:53 AM

I'm sorry I live here too, lol.
Still, if it's nice tomorrow I shall be headed out your way, nice roads!

owelly - 26/5/12 at 08:52 AM

I once returned to my kitcar to discover two blokes giving it a good look over. They were in it, over it, under it, etc. They then started to try and get the bonnet up.......
Eventually, I asked them wtf they were doing and they introduced themselves as police officers. And where was my tax disc? Why did my tyres say 'Competition Only' on them? Why were the light lenses taped-up and why was the car so fecking loud when I'd passed them 20 minutes ago.......?
Errrrm. Time for a huge slice of humble pie washed down with a beaker of grovelling.

steve m - 26/5/12 at 10:11 AM

Not my 7, but my old MG midget in about 1979 ish
Me and some mates were in town, having a burger, and I threw my empty Wimpy wrapper into the footwell of my MG
This passer by, old bloke went mental, absoloutley blood red and boiling over, and didnt even stop his rage, when i jumped over the door and started the car up, and drove off

Hahaha , was funny, but in reverse to all of you above, he was protecting my car, not abusing it!

paulix - 2/9/12 at 08:51 PM

i did once experience some twat in front of me being a little over generous with the screenwash when he realized i had no windscreen! smelt of citrus fruits all day! could have been worse!!!!!!!

austin man - 2/9/12 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paulix
i did once experience some twat in front of me being a little over generous with the screenwash when he realized i had no windscreen! smelt of citrus fruits all day! could have been worse!!!!!!!

I had the same happen to me when I showed a z4 he couldnt leave me after he drove alongside me sneeribg then booted it so i pulled out caught him in the blink of an eye so he sprayed me

woolly - 2/9/12 at 09:08 PM

i blame the takeaways they should sell decent grub.

sad to say they are out there trying to get you

RK - 3/9/12 at 02:00 AM

Well, it's a good reason to have drain holes in the floors, and no coverings over the fibreglass seats. Just trying to be positive, in an upsetting situation.

ashg - 3/9/12 at 06:39 AM

i cant worry about mine otherwise i would never take it anywhere. so far touch wood it has never been damaged although i have come back a couple of times and found parents taking pictures of their little kids sitting in it, and to be honest i dont mind that as long as they are respectful and dont damage it. at the end of the day little kids of today will be us in years to come all because they remember sitting in one as a child.

i have left mine in car parks for a whole day in all manner of places, and overnight when when we have been on a couple of road trips. touch wood its been fine.

whitestu - 3/9/12 at 07:15 AM

quote:

I've got one of those security locks that goes between the handbrake and the gear-lever, to prevent anyone letting off the handbrake...

+1 - someone taking the handbrake off was my main worry and second was someone switching the sidelights on so I come back to a flat battery.

So far though mine hasn't been touched and I've left it several places in North London.

steve m - 3/9/12 at 09:11 AM

"So far though mine hasn't been touched and I've left it several places in North London."

but... how do you know??

whitestu - 3/9/12 at 09:15 AM

quote:

"So far though mine hasn't been touched and I've left it several places in North London."

but... how do you know??

Good point!

By touched I meant damaged or tampered with in any way I could notice.

Proby - 3/9/12 at 10:52 AM

Not had any problems with the F27 (that I know of!) but dont leave it parked alone anywhere for long if I can't see it! I once had a yob spit on the back engine cover of my Elise whilst driving through slow moving traffic in Blackpool, wnaker! I also came back to my MT125 (in my teenage years) to find some little scrote pretending to ride it like one of them toys outside a shop. His mother was standing there watching him! Cheeky barstewards!

[Edited on 3/9/12 by Proby]

b14wrc - 3/9/12 at 11:25 AM

Sorry to hear some people have had some pretty crap things done to there pride and joys.

Some interesting reading there, as it is something id never thought about before really. Worth looking at a few of those things (handbrake and lights!!) when building mine to make sure that some of those horrible things don’t happen to me.

I liked the story regarding the police, very amusing, bet you were bricking it after they revealed who they were.

I also got a bit annoyed with the one where the kid was riding the cycle wing like a horse, what are parents doing to the next generation with letting them do things like that, not going to improve society. I get hacked off with people disrespecting other peoples stuff!

Rob.