Board logo

Some help needed - Stuart Taylor
nib1980 - 4/9/12 at 06:35 AM

Hi All,

after my last post, i'm now looking at a full front end rebuild.

Does anyone know if any one from Stuart taylor is still on here?

I'm trying to find a set of wishbones, and want to check dimensions (i'm not going to make them just want to check the sizes before i order any.

My old ones (when i one piece) were the curved ones not the triangular type. (unless they happen to fit the same?)

I'm running Cortina uprights.

Many thanks

Neil

fesycresy - 4/9/12 at 07:25 AM

Stuart Taylor = Aries

IainL - 4/9/12 at 09:10 AM

Speak to Steve at Aries Motorsport (07940 287456)
Cheers
Iain

twybrow - 4/9/12 at 06:05 PM

Just watch out, as they moved the top mounting points over the years on the ST, so there are two sets of bones available from ST/Aries [afaik]. I have the wrong set on mine, and it ruins the self-centreing.... I was going to get a custom pair of top bones made up this winter, to correct for it.

nib1980 - 4/9/12 at 07:15 PM

hmmm ok, any idea how i can tell the difference?

twybrow - 5/9/12 at 10:15 AM

The only way would be with a lot of measuring.... It was ProComp that told me when they set my car up, so it might be worth a chat to Matt/Ivan.... Alternatively, make/had a set made that give you some adjustment - the top wishbone takes very little load, so the use of a decent set of rose joints would be ok even on a road car.

procomp - 6/9/12 at 05:11 PM

Hi

Some where i have all the dimensions, as we did the original prototype chassis for ST. I have got the jigs for the front suspension as well somewhere including a set to produce wide track versions with fully adjustable inner joints. I can have a look if interested.

Cheers Matt

nib1980 - 6/9/12 at 05:49 PM

hi Matt,

the dimensions would be really useful to compare with what i have if you could please.

Neil