Board logo

7 year itch
billy - 25/2/15 at 07:06 PM

Well it's been 7 years that my kit has been off the road tucked away in the garage, I'm starting to feel the need to start another build. I think the fun for me was in the building and not so much the driving of the 7 type cars. I'm not sure who's still making these cars these day, I've lost touch a bit.
Anyone got any ideas on who & where to get another chassis package from?

chesney321 - 25/2/15 at 07:16 PM

give steve at aries motorsport a call good kits and nice bloke to deal with

billy - 25/2/15 at 08:38 PM

I've just been looking at the Aries kit, I do like the fact it's book dimentions and seems very nicely priced

JohnH - 25/2/15 at 09:01 PM

Been building one for a few years. Great package, great bloke to deal with. Everything fits as it should. Shame your at the other end of the country, you could of come and finished mine (just as you said you liked to build)

Barkalarr - 25/2/15 at 09:07 PM

Have you seen this ?

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/34/viewthread.php?tid=196564

HappyFather - 25/2/15 at 10:34 PM

Just another voice supporting Aries and Steve. I had an excellent experience.

I bought my complete "kit in a box" from Steve back in 2010. I don't live in the UK and he was always helpful by email or phone. This was very important to me since I knew nothing about mechanics when I started. He had to explain me, when I visited the factory, how a lazy tong riveter worked...

I finished my car November last year and did a track day. Loads of fun.

coozer - 25/2/15 at 11:08 PM

Hmm, im with ya, the best bit is building..

Not fancy building a Midlana? Thats my next build.

billy - 26/2/15 at 12:38 PM

I have a open mind at the mo. probably have a good look around up stoneleigh and see what floats my boat

rash12 - 26/2/15 at 01:24 PM

try mike at roadrunner racing woth a look