Board logo

Locost dog cleaning
graememk - 24/10/08 at 06:27 PM

my dog smells and i have to go out tonight and take him with me, i have the mobile pooch mobile coming to the shop tomorrow so i dont want to wash him, do you think its ok to febreze the dog or should i use shake and vac.

other locost ideas welcome.

amyandben
amyandben

[Edited on 24/10/08 by graememk]

Howlor - 24/10/08 at 06:33 PM

How about aftershave?

Paul TigerB6 - 24/10/08 at 06:38 PM

Simply borrow your better half's favourite perfume and spray it on the dog. Just dont spray it on yourself as the missus will think you have another woman!!

locoR1 - 24/10/08 at 06:41 PM

Are you sure its the dog that smells?

graememk - 24/10/08 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by locoR1
Are you sure its the dog that smells?

shit never thought about that.....

mr henderson - 24/10/08 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk

amyandben
amyandben

Up til now I'd been assuming you were a bloke. Goes to show one shouldn't make assumptions.

John

CRAIGR - 24/10/08 at 07:45 PM

Bring it to the boil and then let it simmer for a while , if that doesn't get rid of the smell you can always flog it to the local chinese resturant.

Mr Whippy - 24/10/08 at 09:04 PM

hint - use that thing that's very large and rather wet and to the left of the picture...

anyway I wash my dogs in the shower with baby shampoo which won't sting dogs eye's. Actually smells fine once they have dried off and to do that quickly borrow her hairdrier, dogs love those once they get use to the noise

scootz - 25/10/08 at 07:46 AM

Trade the dog in for a short-haired model.

They take care of themselves!

speedyxjs - 25/10/08 at 11:17 AM

Car wash?
Only cost a couple of quid

JamJah - 25/10/08 at 11:41 AM

Get in the shower and do it.
particulary if your 'dog walker' would help!

Simon - 25/10/08 at 06:07 PM

Give it a bath in Castrol R

ATB

Simon

rodriguez - 26/10/08 at 07:30 PM

i fabreze our dog all the time. Doesnt appear to have done him any harm! Although he was stupid before it anyway

rusty nuts - 26/10/08 at 08:51 PM

even cheaper and easier than washing the dog is a clothes peg.

DarrenW - 27/10/08 at 10:26 AM

We used to use shake n vac on carpets. Both retrievers started to suffer skin problems. Never used it since.

Only have one retriever now. The one that died had terrible smell trouble - very oily typical gun dog fur. Other is still a bit whiffy. Have to bath regularly. Normally use baby shampoo or similar. I few drops of tea tree oil in the final rinse works.
Local vets also do dog grooming. They sell dog fragrance stuff to spray on, works well but i hate false smells.

No substitute for regular grooming (but not too often as you can wash out the natural oils if not careful). My dog doesnt smell as often if kept outside, i dont think modern central heating is good for dogs.

marcyboy - 28/10/08 at 05:56 PM

shouldn't a dog be free to smell like a dog, I suggest next time you buy a cat...
at least cats clean themselves and you don't need to take them for walks