Board logo

Have I been had?
prawnabie - 20/8/09 at 05:29 PM

Hi guys

I have purchased from a popular rally supplier "up north", a pacet 10" profan as it had the best specs i could find for the size i wanted.

I received the fan today and am a bit sceptical it is what I ordered...

The fan looks nowt like the pacet fans I have seen before, and has "comex Europe" stamped into it. Is it possible that these people supply pacet. It does have the part number "PF1011B" on a gold sticker but that is the only reference that matches up with what i have ordered.

Any ideas before I rant in the morning..

Thanks

Shaun

Avoneer - 20/8/09 at 05:32 PM

Is it identical to the "proper"ones:

http://www.pacet.co.uk/profan.htm

If not, get them emailed.

Pat...

blakep82 - 20/8/09 at 05:33 PM

having had a quick search on google images for pacet profan and comex europe, i'd send it back to them. couldn't say for def, but they don't look like the same

designer - 20/8/09 at 07:18 PM

If you pay for a pacet fan you want facet stamped/moulded/stamped on it!!

James - 20/8/09 at 07:21 PM

I ordered a Pacet from (I think) Rally Design.

Picture here:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=DSCN3068.JPG

Any use? Gold sticker is present! Kinda hoping you're not going to tell me mine is a fake!

Hope that helps,
James

BenB - 20/8/09 at 07:34 PM

I like those radiator mount thingies! Very nice

quote:
Originally posted by James
I ordered a Pacet from (I think) Rally Design.

Picture here:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=DSCN3068.JPG

Any use? Gold sticker is present! Kinda hoping you're not going to tell me mine is a fake!

Hope that helps,
James

hicost blade - 20/8/09 at 10:55 PM

Pacet import the comex fans because they can't make a decent fan for themselves, I can't understand why they bother to rebrand them, just confuses the end customer.

It's a 'pacet' fan so you haven't been done in that way but I bet you payed way too much for it.

Have a look at the new range of fans that Rally design are now stocking.

Danozeman - 21/8/09 at 06:46 AM

My pacet fan hade a gold sticker with pf something or other on it. Got is from svc at stoneleigh in a pacet box. There isnt pacet on it anywhere. Bloody good fan.

James - 21/8/09 at 07:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
I like those radiator mount thingies! Very nice

Thankyou!

Was actually a pain to work out the best way... maximising air flow and strength...and I hope it has enough lateral strength... we'll see!

Another pic for those interested:

Golf rad and fan mounts 2
Golf rad and fan mounts 2

Cheers,
James

prawnabie - 21/8/09 at 05:40 PM

Hi

Unfortunatley by fan looks nowt like that! the blades don't taper out and they have a kind of "golf" ball look dimpling on one side of the blades.

The fan doesn't have 4 mounting slides on it, it has 6 and the mounts provided don't even fit, they are off another make of fan.

Im betting it doesn't shift as must air as its supposed to either, which is why I went for a pacet fan in the first place!!