Board logo

Idiots using Ebay
sonic - 30/9/09 at 01:17 PM

Is it just me who attracts D--KHeads or is Ebay quickly becoming a no go site?

I put an advert on Ebay for my Dad to sell a large amount of decking from around his static caravan.

I put in the advert that the decking is located at Scarbrough east Yorkshire and the buyer must remove and collect/Transport at there own expence.
The decking is 35 foot long and 8 foot wide.(Proper good decking)
I suggested that they would need a pickup truck/van or large trailer!

Anyway,i get an email from a guy saying he wants it and can he come and collect next day and we agreed a price.

He has rang up and said he would have to do two trips from Birmingham with a 5ft x 5ft trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he didn't know it was at Scarbrough

My Dad has been over to Scarbrough 45 miles from his home to meet this guy this morning to recieve a call stating this.

Second thing

My wife advertised a New Parrot handsfree car kit on Ebay,We bought it for her car opened the box looked inside and closed the lid,never been out of the box or touched.
She sold it to a guy on Ebay as such and sent it recorded delivery.

Received a message from the guy saying that the box was a little squashed and the security seal broken when he took it from the packaging.
Nothing missing everything as it should be never been removed from the internal compartments etc no damage or anything.

Sounds to me like it has been treated a bit rough in transit,He signed for it when it was delivered and made no coments on the paperwork.

Please tell me is it just me or is Ebay only used by Idiots now?

Rant over!

big-vee-twin - 30/9/09 at 01:21 PM

Most of them are Brain Dead Chavs!!

cd.thomson - 30/9/09 at 01:23 PM

i think now most people use it, and as a rule of thumb most people are idiots in my experience.

Those who aren't sign up to this site

l0rd - 30/9/09 at 01:25 PM

I sold a door bump stop form my clio. Still waiting payment. I believe today i can make a complaint to ebay as it has been 10 days and hasn't replied on my emails.

flak monkey - 30/9/09 at 01:32 PM

Yeah its an on going issue. I dont sell much on there but in the 10 items i have sold I have issued perhaps 3 NPB strikes against buyers to get them to pay up.

On the other hand I have sent a few bits to Poland and its been a doddle.

David

smart51 - 30/9/09 at 01:32 PM

I think it is increasingly populated by people with no sense and a few who are actively playing the system.

I no longer sell things on eBay and am cautious about what I buy. It used to be a great site but no more.

londonsean69 - 30/9/09 at 02:32 PM

I have never really had any major issues with Ebay, either buying OR selling.

I send everything recorded delivery.
If I say I will collect something then I collect it at the right time
Although it bugs me when you put "UK postage only" and someone pops up "Will you post to whateverstan"

My biggest gripe is people who are trying to sell something, and take a crappy picture with a camera phone, then either leave no description, something exceptionally short, or something that is so full of spelling mistakes and text speak it takes me 10 mins to decipher it.

I've stopped trying to decipher it now, and just look elsewhere.

I have a few shops in my favourite sellers list that I would buy from again and again.

But in general, yes, the standard has gone right down

Sean

Ben_Copeland - 30/9/09 at 03:29 PM

Ebay have tailored themselves so people can be idiots on there and get away without having to pay.

Bidding, then realising that its all a pipe dream and not paying..

SeaBass - 30/9/09 at 03:47 PM

I sold an old mobile (£30) to someone who claimed they need it quick and it should be registered special delivery before 1pm (£6.70). They took five days to pay! Can't say I've hurried to get it sent personally. Oh and that was a relist due to "mobilemania" in India buying it and not paying first time round.

Andy B - 30/9/09 at 04:50 PM

I sold a zzr1400 engine kit through ebay and following a telephone call from a guy to check it was a complete kit he bought it.
2 days later I received an absolute tirade of abuse from the chap telling me I had promised it was a complete kit and that the airbox was missing. At the end of his expletive filled rant I apologised and agreed to send the airbox although iI did point out that carriage would be about £80 and I thought there would be an issue fitting it under the bonnet. Cue another load of abuse re my carriage charges and questionable parentage followed by "and why will it be an issue fitting it under the bonnet"
I replied that the airbox is part of the sand cast alloy frame of the bike but managed to refrain from ending my explanation with "you kn#b"
Somedays its best just to stay in bed

Jon Ison - 1/10/09 at 07:14 AM

Received this morning, probably 100% true but don't think we will be posting anything just yet, do you ?

"hello,
I Hawe a Problems by paiment:
We are currently unable to complete your transaction.
This payment will put you over the PayPal account £1,700.00 GBP sending limit.
You have sent £1,642.58 GBP with your PayPal account.
Your remaining sending limit is £57.42 GBP.
To remove this sending limit permanently, please get Verified.

But i realy need this item to satirday bicose all new wurniture ariving tomorow and want to finish everithing per this weakend. its will be great if u send this item to me and i creat me payment when my bank approve my vertification. thanks for your time"

sonic - 1/10/09 at 03:41 PM

Had another tosser leaving silly feedback this morning.
My wife sold a perfume set that she got for Christmas last year,she new she didnt like it so it was unopened and brand new in box with plastic seal round it.she put on the listing £4.99 pxp

We wrapped it in bubble wrap put it in a large Jiffy bag and took it to the post office about 11 miles round trip.
Sent it recorded delivery,Job done!!

This knob leaves feedback saying the item is great thankyou but the postage was well over charged!!!.
I sent him feedback back sying thanks very much but the above does cost money packaging and travel etc.
He has sent extra feedback saying i have accounted for that and i have been ripped off by £3.00!!!.
Now i know it was costed at the post office counter and i have a postage receipt for £2.50 just for post.

Now i thought when you go on Ebay and look at a listing and decide to bid and buy you agree to the details stated and are happy when you win,not argue the toss afterwards! or is that just me??

Now i have crap comments on my feedback which was otherwise spot on and everybody were more than happy.

I have resisted the temtation to put bad feedback on his score as it sound petty
or am i wrong??