Board logo

What TV??
Blackbird Rush - 17/10/10 at 05:01 PM

I'm after recommendations for a telly for the bedroom, looking at 22" and poss with a built in DVD mainly to avoid wires and clutter (worth considering? or best to have a separate DVD?)

Have got a sony in the lounge and a samsung flat panel monitor for the PC both are very good.

I'd also like it to have fairly decent sound if thats possible on a smaller telly.

So what's out there thats a good buy at the mo.

UncleFista - 17/10/10 at 05:17 PM

I'm buying this one for my 9 yr-old for christmas.
Seems a decent TV for the price

Edited to add 22", lcd, dvd and freeview for £130

[Edited on 17/10/10 by UncleFista]

spiderman01980 - 17/10/10 at 05:21 PM

buy separate even thou i havent done(twice)!
i bought a philps tv 14" built in dvd and after a year the tv broke if bought separate id still have a dvd player, had to throw it away in the end cos i coulden`t get it fixed and the warranty run out, i now have a 22" like what your after with built in dvd for £190 (a cheap model) and when i watch dvds, sometimes the voice cuts out and have to rewind to catch what they say, i thought it be might the china man dvd but it does it with ones i buy from asda and with some it dont do it at all and its very enoying! i think you can get a better deal in quality if you buy separate!

[Edited on 17-10-10 by spiderman01980]

[Edited on 17-10-10 by spiderman01980]

iank - 17/10/10 at 06:22 PM

Panasonic LCD's are very good IMO.
I'd have a separate DVD personally.

BigLee - 17/10/10 at 06:49 PM

You pay your money, you get your choice! And get separates. Either way, get it from John Lewis and bask in their 5 year warranty (presuming they still do it)

Hellfire - 17/10/10 at 08:47 PM

Samsung are known for poor sound quality...

I have a Samsung but was going Cinema Sound anyway so made no difference to me...

I seem to prefer the tried and trusted Sonys' though... I always read buyer reviews extensively before purchasing! Dont just go on Critiqué sales blurb...

Steve

T66 - 17/10/10 at 08:50 PM

I have two Sonys , never had any problem with either, and would have them again.

jlparsons - 17/10/10 at 11:11 PM

tesco have got an own-brand tv at the moment on offer, uses a samsung panel and has a DVD player built in. Think it was in the region of £150, looked a good deal.

edit: 19 and 22 inches available IIRC

[Edited on 17/10/10 by jlparsons]