Board logo

Fuel price petition
Ninehigh - 7/8/11 at 06:32 PM

Please sign:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/347

Cheers

Dangle_kt - 7/8/11 at 06:45 PM

a tenth?

I spend just under a quarter of my take home pay just to get to work and back.

multanen - 7/8/11 at 07:03 PM

Off topic: Fuel prices here in Finland are almost exactly same as yours (for example E95 costs 1.58 eur/l here).

zilspeed - 7/8/11 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
a tenth?

I spend just under a quarter of my take home pay just to get to work and back.

That cant work.

I used to spend about 11% on getting to and from work and that was my breaking point.

I found another two guys who live local to me and who also work near me and set up a car sharing scheme.

I now spend 3.5%, which is more like it.

Doesn't work for everyone, but if you can do it, I seriously recommend it.

Ninehigh - 7/8/11 at 07:56 PM

I lost my last job due to fuel prices... It became about 60% of my expenses

focijohn - 7/8/11 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh

That is sickening.

+1 for the car sharing scheme. I've recently started with a lad i work with, we're even trying to use the works 205 diseaseal and if that comes off we will be quids in.

focijohn - 7/8/11 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh

That is sickening.

+1 for the car sharing scheme. I've recently started with a lad i work with, we're even trying to use the works 205 diseaseal and if that comes off we will be quids in.

Edit- Just tried to confirm my email address and its saying "page not found"???? I will continue to try

[Edited on 7/8/11 by focijohn]

Ninehigh - 7/8/11 at 08:44 PM

Well I was a minicab driver... A tankful would cost £80 and last 4 days (less if weekends were involved)

myke pocock - 7/8/11 at 09:24 PM

Call me negative if you want to, but Ive filled in a number of petitions in the past and where has it got us? Aint it time to try something else although I have no idea what at present. The motorist has and always will be a nice and convenient way to raise tax and in times like this do you think a petition will do it. Like pissing into a hurricane and expecting not to get wet. Wait for hydrogen fuelled cars and then see what they tax!!!!

Ninehigh - 7/8/11 at 09:29 PM

True, but then I know how many times I've told this "government" what I would like them to do as part of their representation of me and I will remember this next election time.

However there are alternatives that I've been pestering, like the Honda FCX, and synthetic petrol

Paul TigerB6 - 7/8/11 at 09:31 PM

Agree with Myke - those "petitions" are a waste of space it seems!! Has anyone heard of one that the government have actually taken notice of??

Cant wait for my company's new office to open. Shower facilities so i can cycle to work. Just ordered a carbon frame from China to build another bike for work / winter, so will be interesting to work out how long it takes to pay for itself (assuming £800 total build cost which will be about 1 1/2 tanks of fuel soon )

[Edited on 7/8/11 by Paul TigerB6]