Board logo

Hello from Italy!
HPDxxx - 24/9/12 at 07:28 AM

Hello guys!
after one year of search and reading bords, finally i have my new toy in garage!
It's a Westfield MegaBusa, with LSD, dry sump, big brake kit (front&rear), some carbon parts, willans 4 point harness ecc..
i'm from north italy, very close to swiss and between beautiful alps and lakes, unfortunately, because of Italian bureaucracy I could not build a car at home , I bought used in England and transported here.
i'm very happy, it's incredible fun to drive!
i hope to learn more technical info from this community, i like to work in my garage with my cars..
bye
Davide

hughpinder - 24/9/12 at 07:45 AM

Welcome to the forum!
Hugh

snapper - 24/9/12 at 08:04 AM

quote:

Westfield MegaBusa, with LSD, dry sump, big brake kit (front&rear), some carbon parts, willans 4 point harness ecc

That's a good start, should be fun round those beutifull roads
Perhaps a few photos of the car and those roads just to make us envious in this cold wet country.

And welcome.

AndyW - 24/9/12 at 08:05 AM

Hello and welcome!

I dont think there has been a question yet that has not been answered.

There must be some great roads there to play on! I used to work in Lietchenstein and the roads round there were great!

Andy

HPDxxx - 24/9/12 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Perhaps a few photos of the car and those roads just to make us envious in this cold wet country.

here you can see some photos... are take on my garden, but there is UK plates

yes..... yes........ i know... wheels & tires are rubbish 16" on the rear, and 15" on the front...

HPDxxx - 24/9/12 at 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
There must be some great roads there to play on! I used to work in Lietchenstein and the roads round there were great!

Andy

yes, swiss alps are ewesome!
last weekend i was on Stelvio Pass... here you can see the roads we have do:

welderman - 24/9/12 at 09:58 AM

Hello, nice looking car, you are very lucky with the roads

eddie99 - 24/9/12 at 10:22 AM

Very lucky, i have just come back from italy driving through swiss and all the great roads around there. Hopefully i'll pluck up the courage to bring my kit up to your area.

Have fun with it

NigeEss - 24/9/12 at 10:26 AM

Awesome,
I'm very jealous.

adithorp - 24/9/12 at 11:16 AM

Having been to the Alps a few times now in the Fury, I can say there's nothing quite like driving a bike engined car on those roads. I'm very jealous of you having them on your door step.

whitestu - 24/9/12 at 11:17 AM

Awesome!

In the second picture it looks like you have the hay trailer hitched up to the Westy!

Stu

bi22le - 24/9/12 at 11:48 AM

Thats your garden!!!

Welcome to the forum, when are you organising a LCB Italy tour to your house!?!

bobinspain - 24/9/12 at 11:56 AM

A seriously classy build.
Little wonder it took you a year to track it down.
We used to visit Etrouble to ski every year, for about 8 years running we drove through the Gran St Bernard tunnel. I always lusted after taking a nice car out on those roads, but we were loaded up in a people-carrier with kids.
Have some great fun in your new toy.

HPDxxx - 24/9/12 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Very lucky, i have just come back from italy driving through swiss and all the great roads around there.

where are you been ?

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Welcome to the forum, when are you organising a LCB Italy tour to your house!?!

eheheh you are welcome!

quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
We used to visit Etrouble to ski every year, for about 8 years running we drove through the Gran St Bernard tunnel. I always lusted after taking a nice car out on those roads, but we were loaded up in a people-carrier with kids.

san bernardino pass it's a great road!
it's in "Top 15 Most Beautiful Roads in the World" and it isn't too far from me, about 65 miles.
if this weekend doesn't rain, i'll go!

here you can see some videos i have made..
http://www.youtube.com/user/HPDxxx?feature=mhee

bobinspain - 24/9/12 at 12:57 PM

Great vids Davide, and utterly stunning scenery, particularly the lakeside run.

Your gearchanges seem very quiet, slick and positive. Have you a flatshifter fitted? It could just be that the vid' attenuates the sound a good deal, so everything appears quieter. What airbox have you got fitted. Even the engine seems quieter.

Do you get any prop-shaft lash and clunking on shifting? (particularly downshifts).

My gear changes are very 'agricultural' by comparison. (I have a Busa with Flatshifter Expert fitted).

Regards, Bob.

HPDxxx - 24/9/12 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Your gearchanges seem very quiet, slick and positive. Have you a flatshifter fitted? It could just be that the vid' attenuates the sound a good deal, so everything appears quieter. What airbox have you got fitted. Even the engine seems quieter.

about gearchanges, I have only mechanical leverism.. and use clutch pedal every time..
i did only a little mod to clutch pedal leverism to have better feeling...

on my busa there isn't airbox, but pipercross foam air filter..
if you don't go over 7000rpm, with partial throttle, noise is very low.

quote:
Do you get any prop-shaft lash and clunking on shifting? (particularly downshifts).

at low rpm and slow speed, yes i can ear "clonk" on upshift and downshift.... but if you revup rpm and increase speed, the gears it's a gun! flat and without noise!

eddie99 - 24/9/12 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HPDxxx
quote:
Very lucky, i have just come back from italy driving through swiss and all the great roads around there.

where are you been ?

Came over st bernadino and did all of switzerland italy and france from La spezia area to essex here in the UK without going on any motorways.

HPDxxx - 24/9/12 at 02:15 PM

quote:
Came over st bernadino and did all of switzerland italy and france from La spezia area to essex here in the UK without going on any motorways.

very nice trip!

bobinspain - 24/9/12 at 02:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HPDxxx
quote:

about gearchanges, I have only mechanical leverism.. and use clutch pedal every time..
i did only a little mod to clutch pedal leverism to have better feeling...

on my busa there isn't airbox, but pipercross foam air filter..
if you don't go over 7000rpm, with partial throttle, noise is very low.

quote:

at low rpm and slow speed, yes i can ear "clonk" on upshift and downshift.... but if you revup rpm and increase speed, the gears it's a gun! flat and without noise!

Yes, I have the Pipercross. The Gen2 Busa is difficult/impossible to fit a rigid airbox to in the MK-Indy. There's so little clearance (none) between the air-intake trumpets and the bonnet.

Thanks for the reply to my queries Davide.

I've sent you a U2U.

Regards, Bob.

HPDxxx - 24/9/12 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Yes, I have the Pipercross. The Gen2 Busa is difficult/impossible to fit a rigid airbox to in the MK-Indy. There's so little clearance (none) between the air-intake trumpets and the bonnet.

Thanks for the reply to my queries Davide.

I've sent you a U2U.

Regards, Bob.

i undestand you problem aboute limited clearance
if you need more info i'll be happy to help you!

now i read your PM

David Jenkins - 24/9/12 at 03:24 PM

I bet that the car-crazy Italians *love* that car!

Some time ago I was reading about someone who took their Locost into Paris... all the locals gathered around taking pictures, chatting to the owner, and so on. I don't think that many had seen a seven-style car before!

HPDxxx - 24/9/12 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I bet that the car-crazy Italians *love* that car!

Some time ago I was reading about someone who took their Locost into Paris... all the locals gathered around taking pictures, chatting to the owner, and so on. I don't think that many had seen a seven-style car before!

yes yes yes!
every time i parking my westi for take ice cream, beer or everything else, all people come to take photo, ask question ecc... i feel like alien! hahaha!
here in italy there aren't too much "seven", it's rare car!
the last week i was driving my busa, there was a police block on the road... they were lowered to look at me, they started to laugh and not stopped! ahahahaha!
all people on the roads smile and look.. it isn't a good car for shy guys!

daniel mason - 24/9/12 at 05:49 PM

fantastic looking car. very very
a nice set of 13" rims will transform the car completely!

HPDxxx - 25/9/12 at 07:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
a nice set of 13" rims will transform the car completely!

you're right, unfortunately with fron&rear big brake kit, the smaller wheels that can fit are 15"
but i have in garage 4 wheels very nice, need only new tyres...

HPDxxx - 2/10/12 at 02:52 PM

Saturday I wanted to go to San Bernardino, but it was my first experience in the rain .. is not easy to drive in those conditions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WU7GRTB_xs

ill try again next week

adithorp - 2/10/12 at 03:29 PM

Not quite so "relaxing" in the rain is it. Is the weather starting to close the passes yet?

This was france in June.. Started out quite nice then got a bit damp then a LOT damp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKKG3bpPATY

This was the next day though in Italy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgfAPkPkJrw&feature=relmfu

[Edited on 2/10/12 by adithorp]

bobinspain - 2/10/12 at 04:43 PM

Pretty damn brave of you !!

Looking forward to San Bernard in the dry Davide.

Crevacol is where we skied, Flassin for the children when they were tiny and Hotel des Alpes and the Hotel Col Serena in Etroubles were where we spent our days and nights. Fabulous times. Leo and Poala owned both hotels. Michael, Marco and Jose-Luna are their children. If you pop in Des Alpes for a drink, remember Bob and family to them.

Regards, Bob.

richard thomas - 2/10/12 at 06:03 PM

Beautiful car, Beautiful roads....you are a lucky man!!!!

Can I ask a question though?

Watched your video's - are you using full throttle through the gears in the Stelvio Pass run?

Cheers,

Rich.

HPDxxx - 3/10/12 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Is the weather starting to close the passes yet?

i hope to have another month before snowing...
great video!

quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
Beautiful car, Beautiful roads....you are a lucky man!!!!

Can I ask a question though?

Watched your video's - are you using full throttle through the gears in the Stelvio Pass run?

eheheh thanks!
full throttle? are you crazy? what is full throttle?
no no... only partial throttle.. and shift at 5-6-7k rpm max!
believe that I have not tried WOT? never! it's too fast!

bobinspain - 3/10/12 at 10:03 AM

eheheh thanks!
full throttle? are you crazy? what is full throttle?
no no... only partial throttle.. and shift at 5-6-7k rpm max!
believe that I have not tried WOT? never! it's too fast!

Davide,

The power delivery of the Busa just keeps on coming. I've not revved above 10k rpm, but there is a real kick in the pants once 8k revs are exceeded. Give it a try.

Regards, Bob.

HPDxxx - 3/10/12 at 01:16 PM

quote:

Davide,
The power delivery of the Busa just keeps on coming. I've not revved above 10k rpm, but there is a real kick in the pants once 8k revs are exceeded. Give it a try.

Regards, Bob.

next week end if dosn't rain, i'll try... i'm a little scared

oh... this is gift from my girlfriend for my birthday!

bobinspain - 3/10/12 at 02:21 PM

Absolute necessity in my opinion. (Gipro, not girlfriend). 1st-neutral can sometimes be difficult and the Gipro is a huge help. Although even with it, I sometimes get a 'false neutral' indication when in reality, 1st gear is engaged. Feathering the clutch a little brings up the correct reading.

Mine Gipro readout is located dead ahead, line-of-sight, right next to the oil-pressure-gauge.

Weather here still 27c and bright sunshine. I'll be out in the MK for a 'blip' tomorrow to celebrate my 64th birthday.

HPDxxx - 3/10/12 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Mine Gipro readout is located dead ahead, line-of-sight, right next to the oil-pressure-gauge.

Mine is located on the left side of steering wheel..

quote:
Weather here still 27c and bright sunshine. I'll be out in the MK for a 'blip' tomorrow to celebrate my 64th birthday.

uhhhhhh happy birthday! and have a nice driving day!

richard thomas - 3/10/12 at 09:14 PM

Trust me, it will get to the point where you are bouncing off the rev limiter in second and third gear.....asking for more.......

But it takes a while to get there....

HPDxxx - 4/10/12 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
Trust me, it will get to the point where you are bouncing off the rev limiter in second and third gear.....asking for more.......

But it takes a while to get there....

ahahahha i think you are right

I told a friend that I will not modify/upgrade/touch the motor and the ECU, this was his response:

says it's my monkey in front of the pc
i think it's similar for rev limit...

HPDxxx - 10/10/12 at 02:15 PM

Saturday was a great sunny day!!!
From Lake Maggiore, to San Bernardino pass and Splugen
Me: MegaBusa + girlfriend and my friend: MegaBlade

Here you can see some picture and vids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcfggUFraM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCeA67dbNkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REyvqrJdEU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG_EFfecy50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnAGD1oj_dk

roadrunner - 10/10/12 at 02:26 PM

Jammy sod.

bobinspain - 10/10/12 at 07:41 PM

Estupendo !!

richard thomas - 10/10/12 at 08:03 PM

Think i am going to cry/puke - it's a lot different to Blackpool front.....

HPDxxx - 24/5/13 at 02:44 PM

new year... new trip!
here in swiss alps... near Gottardo pass (it's close for snow!)

after winter some news:
- wheels (all 15" bronze)
- tyres neova ad08
- headlights
- 2.4 quick rack

now it's very very good to drive

my girlfriend.. ahhahah the stig

[Edited on 24/5/13 by HPDxxx]

HPDxxx - 24/5/13 at 02:48 PM

the first drive with my dad
i think i don't like my busa ahahahahah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTAMdIiKV1g

and here a short video with last upgrade...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYa3KvDk910

i hope next days will stop to rain... it's like UK from two months...

beaver34 - 25/5/13 at 08:19 PM

looks fantastic!

im coming over setting off tomorrow staying at the side of lake garda

if you see me around in a yellow vx220 give me a wave!

HPDxxx - 27/5/13 at 07:06 AM

very nice place lake of garda... you will find very nice road.
i'm near "lago maggiore"
have a nice holiday in italy with your speedy

ashg - 27/5/13 at 07:45 AM

southern kitcarclub are going on tour through the alps from the 7th to the 14th of june. there are 10 cars starting in munich germany driving all the way down through the alps finishing in nice. you are welcome to join us if you like.

HPDxxx - 27/5/13 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
southern kitcarclub are going on tour through the alps from the 7th to the 14th of june. there are 10 cars starting in munich germany driving all the way down through the alps finishing in nice. you are welcome to join us if you like.

wow! thankyou!
where i can looking about your trip?

HPDxxx - 8/10/13 at 09:08 AM

Hello
here you can see some video on Alps...

http://www.youtube.com/user/HPDxxx/videos

thanks British for this fantastic car