Board logo

iPhone 4 unlock
Greenie - 31/10/12 at 07:21 PM

Anyone any idea what it will cost to unlock an iPhone 4 from the network 3, getting so many conflicting stories....

INDY BIRD - 31/10/12 at 07:26 PM

It cost me £90 to do it expensive and took 2 weeks to unlock it, prob got ripped off knowing my luck,

Thanks Sean

jossey - 31/10/12 at 07:28 PM

If it is out of contract from your current supplier they should unlock for free. Orange wanted an admin fee of £5 O2 did my mrs for free.

You can also get it done online for about £30

Greenie - 31/10/12 at 07:32 PM

Bought the phone from eBay with a view to unlock it.... Where online?

steve8274 - 31/10/12 at 07:44 PM

Just in process of getting mine done. Got it after brother got his upgrade. It's on orange and being unlocked by them. 3 weeks it's taken so far and cost just over £20. Apparently they apply to apple to get it unlocked so it will be classed as factory unlocked. This is important I was told, since if there is another iOS update, then the phone reverts to previous lock if not done correctly
Hth
Steve

deltron63 - 31/10/12 at 08:04 PM

I dont think 3 can work on other networks. Not what you wanted to hear

snakebelly - 31/10/12 at 08:07 PM

You can jailbreak it yourself for next to nothing but as already been said you will have to redo it every time there's an update and its a pain, if its out of contract get it done by the supplier and pay for it, much easier in the long run and it will enhance its second hand value if its genuinely unlocked

Greenie - 31/10/12 at 08:41 PM

Contacted 3 and they can do it with the IMEI number and proof of purchase for £15.32........

RK - 1/11/12 at 04:47 PM

itunes apparently resets the lock

kevmcdo - 1/11/12 at 07:49 PM

O2 did my phone in 24 hrs when I was leaving them and it was free of charge. Just went onto their website and filled in the request to unlock form. No fuss or drama.

Kilambulaama - 22/8/13 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Greenie
Anyone any idea what it will cost to unlock an iPhone 4 from the network 3, getting so many conflicting stories....

Hi,the cost is depend upon the country and network provider to which it is locked.To unlock your iPhone 4 from 3 network visit the site ClassicUnlocking.com here they are providing the Remote Unlocking service.using that you can unlock your phone easily.

[Edited on 22/8/13 by Kilambulaama]

JoelP - 22/8/13 at 01:35 PM

What's that smell?! Familiar, can't quite place it. Maybe breakfasty?

jossey - 22/8/13 at 05:20 PM

Ambulance chasing lol

whitestu - 22/8/13 at 07:57 PM

I've just unlocked my old 3g b jail breaking it. Works fine now on 3 and was on Orange before. Took a bit of fiddling but was easy in the end.

britishtrident - 22/8/13 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
What's that smell?! Familiar, can't quite place it. Maybe breakfasty?

Sudden increase in spiced ham iin a can on the forum recently

Many years since I had real Spam ah ! the sweet smell of nostalgia..........................