Board logo

Another ebay One
myke pocock - 2/3/14 at 01:41 PM

Listed a book for sale and got a bid in the first hour or so. Then the bidder retracted their bid with a day or so to go and the reason was they put in the wrong amount. They bid £30 and the starting price was £30. Whats that all about? Theres no way I can complain and it doesnt affect their rating. Nob!!!

Browser - 2/3/14 at 02:18 PM

Shrug. Deep breath. Swear. Hope someone else bids. Not much help I know but as you say, not much you can do sadly.

twybrow - 2/3/14 at 02:41 PM

It is so annoying that buyers can use that as an excuse and retract bids. I have had it on countless auctions, where there is no way they could have put in the incorrect figure. It is just a cheeky way of changing your mind...

ReMan - 2/3/14 at 02:57 PM

Agred, annoying, but I'd siooner have them pull out so to speak that pee around wasting time with a non payer

chrism - 2/3/14 at 04:10 PM

I've had that before, I also think some people use it see how much others have bid upto, i.e. they put a really high bid in so they can see the other bidders maximum bids and then retract it so that the other bidder thinks they are winning so doesnt increase their bid and then the first person bids last minute at just above the other bidders amount to win it, thus possibly getting it cheaper and causing the seller to get less.

bi22le - 2/3/14 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrism
I've had that before, I also think some people use it see how much others have bid upto, i.e. they put a really high bid in so they can see the other bidders maximum bids and then retract it so that the other bidder thinks they are winning so doesnt increase their bid and then the first person bids last minute at just above the other bidders amount to win it, thus possibly getting it cheaper and causing the seller to get less.

Ooo thats cunning.

Angel Acevedo - 3/3/14 at 02:09 AM

I have not been in the bay for a while due to a password problema, but I think you can do something and that may be blocking him to prevent from bidding on your auctions.
HTH...