Board logo

Top Gun 2 - loved it
nick205 - 5/6/22 at 08:30 AM

Morning all,

Top Gun 2 at the cinema last night. Having been a big lover of the original in 1986 I was worried the 2nd could be a let down.

Not so for me, really enjoyed it!

Definitely a cinema big screen/sound film. TV won't do it justice IMHO.

Mr Whippy - 5/6/22 at 08:56 AM

Not convinced tbh, first one seemed little more than a dumb chick flick with that god awful song...

Hot Shots was much better.

cliftyhanger - 5/6/22 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Morning all,

Top Gun 2 at the cinema last night. Having been a big lover of the original in 1986 I was worried the 2nd could be a let down.

Not so for me, really enjoyed it!

Definitely a cinema big screen/sound film. TV won't do it justice IMHO.

Yep, it delivered 110%. We thought it was fabulous.

David Jenkins - 5/6/22 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Not convinced tbh, first one seemed little more than a dumb chick flick with that god awful song...

I think you really have to watch Top Gun to really appreciate Hot Shots! - and Hot Shots! Part Deux... they are both fabulous send-ups of the original.

Mr Whippy - 5/6/22 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

I think you really have to watch Top Gun to really appreciate Hot Shots! - and Hot Shots! Part Deux... they are both fabulous send-ups of the original.

I have watched all three, top gun was the worst

Landing the plane with no wings

David Jenkins - 5/6/22 at 01:59 PM

I'm going to have to go and watch the Hot Shots! movies now...

nick205 - 6/6/22 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I'm going to have to go and watch the Hot Shots! movies now...

Likewise - may have to do the same

Deckman001 - 6/6/22 at 03:53 PM

Yep I watched 'Maverick' last night, i think it was fabulous and the best flight films I've seen for lots of years at least.

peter030371 - 6/6/22 at 07:25 PM

Paid the extra to watch this on IMAX, the quality of the flight scenes was stunning and make it a must see. The story was OK but nothing to write home about.

craig1410 - 8/6/22 at 05:11 PM

Yup, my wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed Top Gun Maverick. And we enjoyed the original film as well which was far from being a chick flick and had great music too! Each to their own I guess...