Board logo

Recommend a sub £100 corded vacuum
nick205 - 25/5/23 at 08:58 AM

Got a Dyson V7 cordless vacuum, battery died, tried 2 replacement batteries, dismantled and serviced heads. Vacuum still DEAD.

Time to replace - going corded.

4 bed semi-detached house, family of 5 + dog.

Recommend a sub £100 corded vacuum please?

BTW - SWMBO & I are not brand proud so brand is unimportant.

loggyboy - 25/5/23 at 11:28 AM

Have had a Vax Mach Air for past 10 years and very happy with it.

Mr Whippy - 25/5/23 at 12:12 PM

Can't beat a good old Hendry hoover best vacs ever made, there's a very good reason so many hotels etc. use them. Owned 3 dysons, every one of them is long dead and the Hendry still goes strong

SJ - 25/5/23 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Can't beat a good old Hendry hoover best vacs ever made, there's a very good reason so many hotels etc. use them. Owned 3 dysons, every one of them is long dead and the Hendry still goes strong

Agreed, cheap bags and replacement tools as well.

nick205 - 25/5/23 at 12:53 PM

Aye - good call on the Henry!

We have one at work that's vacuumed offices, factory and everywhere, pretty faultlessly. Believe it got knocked down a flight of stairs as well!

cliftyhanger - 25/5/23 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Henry is awesome. I put them in all my rentals. It the last 15 years, over 6 or 7 hoovers, I have replaced 2 motors and a few bits of hose. Thats it. And they work really well.

Myke 2463 - 26/5/23 at 06:43 AM

Check this at asda Karcher WD 4 Wet & Dry Corded Vacuum Cleaner118/9250 £100. Just as good as Henry + wet and dry.

Slimy38 - 26/5/23 at 07:47 AM

One more vote for a Henry, ours is in the garage now but it was our main household vacuum for about 10 years. It's needed new bags, that's it!

As a comparison, my wife switched to a Dyson, what a frigging nightmare!! Even when it's working at it's best it picks up so little. It's fine with household dust and dirt, but a bit of grit off a shoe? Nope. Plasterboard dust? Absolutely no way, that'll kill it dead. And then every so often it'll do it's pulsing thing and I have to strip it down and clean it.

Ironically I find the Henry is a perfect tool for cleaning the Dyson...

The only issue I can see with a new Henry is that they reduced the motor wattage to comply with regulations, so a brand new one won't be as powerful as the old ones.

loggyboy - 26/5/23 at 09:20 AM

I must be the only Henry hater! they've been standard at most offices ive worked at and found they are weak and a pain to wheel around.

McLannahan - 26/5/23 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I must be the only Henry hater! they've been standard at most offices ive worked at and found they are weak and a pain to wheel around.